Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Att. to Andries / Admin

Guest Guest

Why are we I see in your one post not allowed to post e-mails? This is then where the true colours of so many shady sellers on BOB lie. I am having two big disputes that I want to post on the forum, and all the proof, detail and info are in the e-mails, so please

1. the reason we're not allowed to post them

2. if i post my replies only, since my words are my sole intellectual property without any doubt. and they are not prejudiced at all.

3. if i paraphrase the seller's actual response, making it a non quote, is that not allowed? if i actually do reported speech?

please provide answer asap as i value members' feedback on my issues.

ivan

lilythepink

Hi icey100 - I'm sure Andries will soon post the rules of the forum for you! We all have queries about the "rules" but have to abide by them! LOL

admin
Why are we I see in your one post not allowed to post e-mails? This is then where the true colours of so many shady sellers on BOB lie. I am having two big disputes that I want to post on the forum, and all the proof, detail and info are in the e-mails, so please

1. the reason we're not allowed to post them

Section 14 of the South African Constitution of 1996

Human Rights

2. if i post my replies only, since my words are my sole intellectual property without any doubt.

It would be one sided and not give us the whole "picture" because of No.1

p.s. So you knew the answer to No. 1 :sneaky:

and they are not prejudiced at all.

Yours may not be, someone else's might be, which we will not know, again because of No.1

3. if i paraphrase the seller's actual response, making it a non quote, is that not allowed? if i actually do reported speech?

I don't get this one, this is how posts are made, saying in your own words what the other person allegedly said.

please provide answer asap as i value members' feedback on my issues.

ivan

Hi icey100,

There you go :wink:

My answer to point 3 is the reason why the other person should be invited to the thread someone opens about them, as per the forum rules, and because we do not talk behind another users back here, but try to resolve issues.

Guest Guest

Let me put YOU in the picture Mr. Admin

There are a few things you do not know.

Firstly, I have been banned before by Cuan for losing my temper on the forum, which I have almost just done again

Secondly, please explain how I knew the answer to no. 1? I don't get it.

Thirdly, I have read the Constitution, I assume you refer to Section 14(d) in particular: "Everyone has the right to privacy, which includes the right not to have the privacy of their communications infringed." Okay as if their response was so private. They send the response as an explanatory response to the problem, which they publish as media. Anyways

Fourthly, I will then paraphrase if the seller does not want to state his end of the story

Fifthly, I will gladly invite the persons to the thread. Forum rules my ****. There was then so badly gossiped about me once on the forum and my name slandered WITHOUT me being invited, I had a phone call from one of my suppliers who stays in Kroonstad telling me about what's going on and admin didn't efficiently stop it! So much for talking behind people's backs.

I will accept your invitation and invite the sellers now.

Ivan Coetzee

icey100

admin
Let me put YOU in the picture Mr. Admin

There are a few things you do not know.

Firstly, I have been banned before by Cuan for losing my temper on the forum, which I have almost just done again

Secondly, please explain how I knew the answer to no. 1? I don't get it.

Thirdly, I have read the Constitution, I assume you refer to Section 14(d) in particular: "Everyone has the right to privacy, which includes the right not to have the privacy of their communications infringed." Okay as if their response was so private. They send the response as an explanatory response to the problem, which they publish as media. Anyways

Fourthly, I will then paraphrase if the seller does not want to state his end of the story

Fifthly, I will gladly invite the persons to the thread. Forum rules my ****. There was then so badly gossiped about me once on the forum and my name slandered WITHOUT me being invited, I had a phone call from one of my suppliers who stays in Kroonstad telling me about what's going on and admin didn't efficiently stop it! So much for talking behind people's backs.

I will accept your invitation and invite the sellers now.

Ivan Coetzee

icey100

Hi Ivan,

It looks like the language barrier might be a problem here, as nowhere did I give you a reason to feel insulted :confused: It is up to the users to comply to the rules, there is no way for me or anyone from bidorbuy to know if the poster invited the person the post is about. We are all grownups and are expected to follow the rules without having someone looking over our shoulders all the time.

Having said that, please tone down your posts and follow the rules or I will ban you permanently from using the forums.

Thank you.

Andries

Guest Guest

Language barrier? I do not understand?

And yes my tone is upset coz I am upset and I am just amazed that previously I was treated so unfairly as I hear now for the first time users may not be treated. And I was not rude, I was merely stating my points of reason.

Again, please explain what language barrier? I hope you are not insinuating something bad, it's just always so bad that one can't express one's views as I have, but have to use tongue in cheeck synonyms and indirect references cause everybody so badly fear everything somehow.

So please don't feel insulted yourself.

kebs

I think Admin assumed you knew the answer to number 1 as in number 2, you used language similar to the constitution? You asked a question, Admin answered it & you get aggressive with the answer? He is simply giving the explanation that you asked for? As for previously being slandered on the forum, I don't remember that & I'm on the forum every day, so it's already out of people's minds I assume.. If you felt you weren't properly protected, you could have asked for assistance from Admin or Cuan. I do find it curious though that you always take a thread & turn it into something else personal with angry undertones.. We all have to follow the rules, & it's OK to question why they are there, but why get angry when you receive a perfectly polite explanation?

Guest Guest

Hello Kebs

a. I might have used language similar to the Constitution. If I did, I didn't know it, as I use that kind of formal language when talking about law and freedom of expression and I have a good English vocabulary. I did not want to fight any rules, I just wanted a reason for not being able to post e-mails. Yes, number 2 sounds formal, but I couldn't find the exact wording in the Constitution, after noticing what you said. So it was by coincidence. I do not appreciate it if people sarcastically imply I'm asking questions that I already know the answer to. By the way, the full naming of the phrase in the Constitution is Chapter 2, Bill of Rights, Section 14: Privacy, Subsection (d).

b. I was not aggressive with the answer at all, as you wrongly assume now yourself. I obide by the South African Constitution. I was [angry] at apparent unfair treatment and hampering of freedom of expression.

c. You need not remember what had happened for it to have happened. You are not the webmaster of this forum.

d. I have had thorough communication with Cuan on the whole matter, don't you worry. Just the whole idea of inviting the [suspect] party to the thread that is now such a holy law, which wasn't important apparently when I was supposed to be invited but no, gossiped about behind my back until the whole country knows about it.

e. Curious, yes? "Always"? Ooh. Where has this kind of behaviour happened before, seeing as you can't recall my [unfair] treatment? I was angry, yes. With apparent reason.

f. I abide fully by BOB rules and regulations, I was merely looking for a way to get the info in the e-mails across into the forum, Many posters post e-mails on the forum. What if the seller lies about the contents of the e-mail?

kebs

So where was the need to become aggressive with Admin just because he assumed you knew the constitution? If you see some-one posting an email, let Admin know so he can take the appropriate action...simple.. I think you just need to lighten up a bit & not assume that people are out to get you personally...

admin
Hello Kebs

a. I do not appreciate it if people sarcastically imply I'm asking questions that I already know the answer to.

b. unfair treatment and hampering of freedom of expression.

Hi Ivan,

a. Please hover your mouse over the smiley that I used, :sneaky:, and see what it means, there was no sarcasm implied or intended. It was a light hearted reply.

b. Freedom of expression was never hampered on this forum when the rules were followed. This has been explained and proven time and time again.

Section 14 of the South African Constitution of 1996 states, "Everyone has the right to privacy, which includes the right not to have -- (a) their person or home searched; (b) their property searched; © their possessions seized; or (d) the privacy of their communications infringed.

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-rules-information/3205-forum-posting-rules-please-read.html

Locking this thread.

Thank you

Andries

qball

Hi Guys

Freedom of expression is actually limited by law and it is within our discretion and rights to allow or disallow comments as we deem fit. Our forum rules state no contact details or emails to be posted. That is the way we manage our forum.

Thanks

Cuan