Sign in to follow this  
justoutrageous

Can you dispute a Sellers negative rating when it is done unjustly?

Kattywong

As a seller .i always give the buyer the good rating at once if they arrange payment on time ..

brands online

If a seller revenge rated you, take it up with BOB as it's not allowed. These type of recourses from BOB are to eradicate the flaws which do exist, bearing in mind 'flaws' exist in every rating system including EBays.

Also, whilst excessive shipping charges are not allowed on BOB, it also remains the buyers duty to check all conditions and charges before placing their bid or buying the item. If a sellers charges are too 'high', don't bid. if you do, you wanted the item at that price.

A sellers rating of a buyer does not only constitute payment. Whilst most buyers aren't problematic, there are those who give sellers the runaround for that payment and those who can also be malicious. A seller can sell hundreds of an item and receive only positive feedback on the item. Then a malicious buyer comes along and rates negative for reasons like poor quality? That makes no sense at all...

shoron

Hi all

Maybe forum members can advise if this is justified. I was made a personal offer by a well known seller on BOB. I accepted the offer and enquired if I could purchase 2 items. The seller agreed. I asked the seller to create a "BUY NOW" so that I could complete the purchase for the second item as well. The seller then said that I must pay for both items and shipping and he will send me both (have emails on record). In my opinion this is bypassing the BOB system and since it was on behalf of a company purchase, I did not want to risk it and obviously did not want to get involved with this deal. The seller proceeded to file an SNC, which I objected to. However BOB rejected my appeal. Am I to assume from BOB's decision that I should have concluded the deal even though it is against BOB's rules ?

Vegar

The seller can only SNC for the item you agreed to buy as a personal offer. When you accepted the offer you entered into a binding contract to purchase that item.

It is against the rules to bypass BoB - but more importantly the seller should have created a "BUY IT NOW" for you to make a secure purchase of the second item.

Pay the one item to have the SNC removed and keep a clean record with BOB - if you still want the other item ask the seller again to create a listing for you.

It is not worth getting upset about - you were right to ask for a listing of the second item and the seller was wrong to refuse - end it to your satisfaction.

Guest Guest

Dear Shoron and Vegar

I was wrong - like you said; one has to create a "buy now" Sorry! :blush: I'm clearly not a seller - yet!

Kind regards

Edited by Edmund1000
Corrected my ways...

SpearMint

Hi,

I recently had a positive rating from a sale of 4 months ago changed to a negative rating because the buyer discovered that I had blocked him. Although I too gave him a positive rating at the time the whole experience for me as a seller was unpleasant so I decided to block him as I would prefer not to deal with this buyer again in future. He obviously then tried to bid on one of my auctions only to find out that he was blocked.

I sent a mail to BoB and the negative rating was removed as it was clearly one of those 'revenge' negative ratings.

One the flip-side this buyer has since blocked me - "Oh Dear" - lol :bigsmile: