Sign in to follow this  
justoutrageous

Can you dispute a Sellers negative rating when it is done unjustly?

justoutrageous

Hi BidorBuy Community,

Is it possible to make an appeal to BidorBuy to remove a negative rating from a seller which was given unjustly?

Long story short, I made immediate payment via BOBpay and the seller then took longer than displayed to ship the goods. From the date of shipping stamped on the weigh bill until I took delivery was 3 days. But for 3-4 weeks the sell strung me along telling me the item had been sent.

As a result of the lies and deceit from the seller I gave them a Negative rating. The seller then changed my rating a negative rating in 'revenge'. The rating was change despite the fact that as a buyer I did everything correctly. I placed the order, made swift payment and then waited for my item to be shipped. How does that justify a negative rating?

Anyone who can assist me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

Seeds for Africa
Hi BidorBuy Community,

Is it possible to make an appeal to BidorBuy to remove a negative rating from a seller which was given unjustly?

Long story short, I made immediate payment via BOBpay and the seller then took longer than displayed to ship the goods. From the date of shipping stamped on the weigh bill until I took delivery was 3 days. But for 3-4 weeks the sell strung me along telling me the item had been sent.

As a result of the lies and deceit from the seller I gave them a Negative rating. The seller then changed my rating a negative rating in 'revenge'. The rating was change despite the fact that as a buyer I did everything correctly. I placed the order, made swift payment and then waited for my item to be shipped. How does that justify a negative rating?

Anyone who can assist me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

Hi. Send an email to hello@ bidorbuy.co.za with all the facts. They cant do that, as it is clearly revenge. If you have all the facts in black and white, I am sure that bidorbuy will rectify this for you. They are exceptionally good at addressing revenge ratings.

Grant

admin
Hi. Send an email to hello@ bidorbuy.co.za with all the facts. They cant do that, as it is clearly revenge. If you have all the facts in black and white, I am sure that bidorbuy will rectify this for you. They are exceptionally good at addressing revenge ratings.

Grant

Hi justoutrageous,

The sale was nearly a year ago, 08 Jun 2010, but nothing stops you from trying.

amcintyre

The rating was change despite the fact that as a buyer I did everything correctly.

I've met a few sellers who do this. Some sellers don't rate you until you've rated them and reply with the same rating that you gave them. A certain seller strung me along for 2 weeks saying that it was the post offices fault - I had selected speed services. Eventually when the parcel arrived, it also included a second item which I had won three week after the first item. I gave them a positive rating irrespective that they were useless. I feared a revenge rating - I've managed to keep a 100% and don't want to forfeit this. I've learned my lesson from bad sellers and only deal with the ones I know are good. Even if this means ignoring bargains on BOB from sellers who I know are shockingly bad.

Little Miss Muffet

As usual the negative rating from the King!!

:rolleyes::whistling:

lilythepink

You make me wonder ... what has happened to "the King"? No longer on the site? Wonder why ...? :rolleyes:

BMW_M3_CSL

Why worry? - anybody miss him????

justoutrageous

Thanks everyone for feedback. I will send a mail through.

The worst part about it is that the item I purchased from the king doesn't work. But I'm prepared to write the R145 off for the lesson I learnt.

Thank again everyone.

justoutrageous

UPDATE: I have submitted an e-mail with all the fact and documents to back up my story. I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again for the assistance.

justoutrageous

UPDATE: Just to let you all know that my Negative rating from the king was removed.

Thanks to BidorBuy for the fast response!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Awesome!!

wayjen

sorry for the hijack but can a blocked buyer still rate a seller?

Little Miss Muffet

I think I remember reading somewhere when blocking buyers was first introduced that they can rate you on the last sale unless the sale is cancelled.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi wayjen

Yes, a blocked buyer can still rate you for past purchases, they can't buy anymore though and also can't ask questions from the time of blocking.

It's the reason why I only block if I'm filing an SNC.

wayjen

oh ok thanks.

Guest Guest

Lol! ~ great!!!

oh ok thanks.

Your current Avatar to us:58f5a7216c90e_spikemilligan..jpg.0d5e07897dace3962ec8e3bdadbdc58c.jpg is so-oooo "Wayjen" man!!!

A Brilliant 20... - out of a one-to-a-meager-ten...!

We all here just LOVE IT man!!!

Edited by Edmund1000

wayjen
Your current Avatar to us:[ATTACH=CONFIG]1295[/ATTACH] is so-oooo "Wayjen" man!!!

A Brilliant 20... - out of a one-to-a-meager-ten...!

We all here just LOVE IT man!!!

ha ha ha ha thanks buddy.

SpearMint

Hi,

Respectfully :smile: in my opinion the Bid or Buy rating system is completely flawed. I recently had a terrible experience with a seller (details in another section of this forum) http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/shipping-post-office-courier-issues/13833-why-does-bob-allow-sellers-charge-excessive-shipping-fees.html. I paid immediately and duly received positive ratings for my part in the transaction. After receiving the goods I gave the seller negative ratings as he completely ripped me off with shipping charges (400% to 600% mark-up on SAPO standard rates – this was after trying to resolve the issue respectfully). The seller then changed my ratings to negative out of spite and revenge. I suspect he has done this many times before and by manipulating the rating system his ratings are still very high despite him being a thief. I, the innocent party in the whole situation was then held to ransom, I could either remove the negative rating I had given to get mine removed, or I would be stuck with the negative rating for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

In my opinion the Bid or Buy rating system should not allow positive ratings to be changed once given. If a positive rating is given it should stay forever as clearly the rating giver was happy. Also mentioned in the forum is the comment of sellers not rating buyers until the buyer rates the seller. Again, the Bid or Buy rating system is flawed. Sellers should not be able to receive any ratings from buyers until they have rated that buyer.

I also question the fact that ratings can be edited once given? Should this be allowed??

I don’t have all the answers here but what I can say is that the existing rating system doesn’t prevent innocent sellers or buyers who have done nothing wrong from being victims of unjust negative ratings!!

Anyone with some suggestions here???

Edited by SpearMint

dstorm

I would like to comment on your words:

I also question the fact that ratings can be edited once given? Should this be allowed??

A buyer once rated me negative. After I contacted him and offered to sort out the problem, he admitted that he acted in haste. The whole episode was sorted out amicably. He changed the negative rating to positive and up to this day he is a valued client.

So I believe that we should be able to edit ratings. According to BoB, the rating is about the ENTIRE experience.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Vegar

On E-bay they solved the problem of revenge rating with two changes:

A. The seller can only rate the buyer positive. The moment the buyer has fulfilled their one and only obligation - payment - they cannot get a negative.

B. The buyer can rate the seller on different aspects of the transaction such as shipping and quality.

I think that BoB admin will save themselves a lot of time by implementing something like that.

SpearMint

Hi,

I didn't want to compare Bid or Buy to eBay in my article but yes, you have hit the nail on the head and I think this is definitely the way to go (if it works for eBay, it must work for BoB). This will improve on service from sellers ‘all round’ and can only be a good way of doing ratings for good, honest, genuine and innocent users. All the under-handed sellers will be weeded out this way and exposed for what they are and likewise top sellers too will be exposed - for all the right reasons.

All buyers are entitled to an accurate account of what other users think of any particular seller.

I wonder how many ratings have been changed on Bid or Buy in the past due to being extorted or held to ransom by 'revenge ratings' - I bet plenty!!

Does this mean that the ratings next to BoB user names are not actually a true reflection of the character behind the user name???

Cheers!

TS Ron

Why can ratings been changed once they are given? Surely the seller or buyer should rather approach bidorbuy to state why they want to change the rating. Surely this shall resolve alot of revenge ratings. It is childish honestly.

Vegar

Some ratings are not a true reflection of the standard of service the seller gives, but mostly people are honest in their feedback - even when risking revenge rating.

The system is not perfect - but why do people still buy from sellers with hundreds of negatives?

TS Ron

The system is not perfect - but why do people still buy from sellers with hundreds of negatives?

Vegar I agree with you but when does one stop giving someone the chance to prove themselves as well? After how many chances does one say that I am not going to give you another chance to prove yourself?

Vegar

I take into consideration the nature of the negatives and whether they got any within the last 3 months. If it looks like they have improved their service then I disregard the negatives.

On E-Bay you only see feedback from the last 12 months - people do change?