Sign in to follow this  
Bertman Trading

Emu's anyone?

Bertman Trading

Hello all,

I have 5 adult Emu's who need a new home. Basically they were bought as an investment when they were still selling for thousands each, but the market fell and now I need to utilize their pen for raising Ostrich chicks.

I know the sale of animals is a touchy subject on bob, but I would like to know if there is someone on bob who would be interested in buying them @ R500 each which is about half the market value now.

They will be listed on bob if the possibility of a sale exists Admin:blink1:

lilythepink

I would absolutely LOVE to have five emus running around my garden but I think The Beak, the dogs and the cats would whole-heartedly disapprove - as would MrAerospace and the Makana Municipality. (Now, I haven't even begun to imagine what the neighbours would say ...!!)

But, on a serious note, your price seems more than reasonable and I hope the big guys find a good home soon. Keep us updated!

kyle2

Are these things noisy or destructive in any way?

kyle2

Do they taste good?:wink:

DestinysAngels

:huh::sad:Don't go there please!

kyle2

I was at a petting zoo with the kids on the weekend and there were a few of these there with a long explanation and history concerning their origins and so forth, with a little recipe at the bottom which said. "Wilst cooking your Emu, place a stone in the pot and when the stone is ready to eat, so is the Emu" LOL. I gues its a bit tough to eat.:cheesy:

Bertman Trading

I found them a home and don't worry DA they won't end up in the Pot!

Kyle they are excellent watch "dogs", they make a deep Bass Drum like sound. They alerted me of intruders before my alarm went off! They aren't noisy and only when they are disturbed (LOUD deep fast beats) or romantic (Gentle slowish beats) they play their drums.

lilythepink
I found them a home and don't worry DA they won't end up in the Pot!

Kyle they are excellent watch "dogs", they make a deep Bass Drum like sound. They alerted me of intruders before my alarm went off! They aren't noisy and only when they are disturbed (LOUD deep fast beats) or romantic (Gentle slowish beats) they play their drums.

So relieved to hear the emus have a good home! I knew of someone, many years ago, who lived on a farm and had one which ate her washing off the line!

AManAPlan

Kyle2 - :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: I choked on my coffee !!!

kyle2
Kyle2 - :grin::grin::grin::grin: I choked on my coffee !!!

Better the coffee than an Emu! LOL:amuse:

Seeds for Africa

Nice one!!!