Sign in to follow this  
retailrush

Trade Broker

retailrush    10
retailrush

Hi all - have any of the forum regulars registered as a Trade Broker? And if so, have you had anyone contact you?

I am thinking about putting myself on the Trade Broker Register as it seems like a good way to find items to sell... but thought I would run it past you guys first.

Wendy

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

i am not a regular yet, but kinda worried that the commission earned would not be worth my while?

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Hi Wendy.

RAG Auctioneers sell everything on behalf of our "sellers", so we are very experienced in the trade broker department and we have been going for almost 2 years.

The trade broker list has become very crowded and outdated.

Out of the 2 years we have been on the list, only 3 people have contacted us in which 2 became big clients.

The guys who contacted us told us that every "trade broker" they contacted up until RAG Auctioneers, said they did not do it anymore.

I have made BOB aware of it, but they have not done anything about it yet.

There is no harm is putting yourself on the list though.

@ icey100,

It is an extreme amount of work and in my opinion, the commission earned is definitely not worth your while unless you are doing it on a full time basis.

You have to take into account BOBs commission, listing fees, credit card fees as well as your very own commission.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Hi Wendy.

RAG Auctioneers sell everything on behalf of our "sellers", so we are very experienced in the trade broker department and we have been going for almost 2 years.

The trade broker list has become very crowded and outdated.

Out of the 2 years we have been on the list, only 3 people have contacted us in which 2 became big clients.

The guys who contacted us told us that every "trade broker" they contacted up until RAG Auctioneers, said they did not do it anymore.

I have made BOB aware of it, but they have not done anything about it yet.

There is no harm is putting yourself on the list though.

@ icey100,

It is an extreme amount of work and in my opinion, the commission earned is definitely not worth your while unless you are doing it on a full time basis.

You have to take into account BOBs commission, listing fees, credit card fees as well as your very own commission.

I second you on the hard work part. I registered recently. You wont get a lot of contacts through the trade brokers list. It is a case of getting out and finding people to sell on behalf of.

Thats my opinion.

Grant

And yes. I second bob tidying up the list / confirming who still wants to be active, so that when people do try, they are getting hold of people who do operate as trade brokers.

Edited by Seeds for Africa