Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Clever scanner

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I have a whole pile of small denomination UNC euro bank notes which I wanted to put on bob. Tried scanning it and my scanner wouldnt!!! It came up with a message that a bank note detected and cant scan. Huh. How smart is that. Has anyone else ever had this happen

Virgotec    10
Virgotec

Hi

I had that too once. I put an A4 sheet behind it and it scanned. Don't know it it will work on your scanner though.

Technology is getting too clever for my liking...:awesome:

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers
I have a whole pile of small denomination UNC euro bank notes which I wanted to put on bob. Tried scanning it and my scanner wouldnt!!! It came up with a message that a bank note detected and cant scan. Huh. How smart is that. Has anyone else ever had this happen

That's quite cool to be honest, I never knew that... I suppose the only way would be to put it on the A4 and take a photo of it and crop it so that only the note remains.. Best way would be to do it CSI style with the camera exactly 90 degrees, hehe..

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Hi

I had that too once. I put an A4 sheet behind it and it scanned. Don't know it it will work on your scanner though.

Technology is getting too clever for my liking...:awesome:

Tried the white paper. Still didnt work. This was the message.

The current scan or copy job has been canceled.

The current scan or copy job cannot proceed because this product does not support the unauthorized scan or copy of banknotes. For more information, see www.rulesforuse.org.

I am just amazed. Didnt know that a scanner could tell???

wayjen    10
wayjen

take a A4 black cover hard book and rip the cover off and use that as the backdrop for your scanner. I use that and it is perfect as it fits my Lexmark.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
take a A4 black cover hard book and rip the cover off and use that as the backdrop for your scanner. I use that and it is perfect as it fits my Lexmark.

Thanks Wayne, but the blastard thing still identifies it as a bank note and wont scan. I then tried to copy it, and it refused to copy it as well. Top tip for forgers - dont buy a lexmark!!!!

Edited by Seeds for Africa
Typo

Technik    10
Technik

Try to set the scan resolution to lower than 72 dpi - because images at a resolution lower than that is allowed for the Euro. You can also try to reduce the size and not make it 1:1.

Good Luck

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You must have new scanners. I have an HP scanner which happily scans anything I ask it to! LOL

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Maybe if you try and print a little piece that says sample on it in red and then put that on the scanbed with the note on top of that it might scan it..?

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Try to set the scan resolution to lower than 72 dpi - because images at a resolution lower than that is allowed for the Euro. You can also try to reduce the size and not make it 1:1.

Good Luck

Technik.... Thanks. Changed the size of the scan and downgraded the resolution and it worked.

Much appreciated for the Technikal :cheesy: assistance!

Thanks

Grant