Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

HELP!!! My first negative

Vegar

Is this fair??

The item was described in great detail with sizes and pictures - even a warning that the pictures are bigger that the items!

Is there anything I can do if she doesn't accept a refund?

HELP!!

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for Miniature fortune teller's tools - books...

19 Mar 2011

Comment:

really dissapointed with items received.not worth the money spent. Was lukin forward to giving it as a gift.

by keshavakirin (4)

Seeds for Africa
Is this fair??

The item was described in great detail with sizes and pictures - even a warning that the pictures are bigger that the items!

Is there anything I can do if she doesn't accept a refund?

HELP!!

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for Miniature fortune teller's tools - books...

19 Mar 2011

Comment:

really dissapointed with items received.not worth the money spent. Was lukin forward to giving it as a gift.

by keshavakirin (4)

I would phone her. I always find that a personal touch rather than communicating over the email will be able to resolve it, and I am sure she will ammend her rating, if she feels you are genuinely interested in resolving it.

Grant

PS - Your advert could not be clearer in describing the size. Does seem a bit unfair to neg rate you.

Vegar

I have offered her a full refund.

She is not very experienced and probably didn't read the listing properly - also I notice her writing skills are poor so maybe she only looked at the pictures ...

But can a buyer rate negative if they misunderstand a listing as clear as mine?

Can I appeal it?

babyface2

hi, vegar

i agree with GAMU, this rating is totally unfair. notice it is a new buyer, they do not always read or able to read it seems:whistling: what do you expect anyway when the listing clearly states miniature:confused:

i would contact bob and have the rating removed, they are very helpful in that way.

Seeds for Africa
hi, vegar

i agree with GAMU, this rating is totally unfair. notice it is a new buyer, they do not always read or able to read it seems:whistling: what do you expect anyway when the listing clearly states miniature:confused:

i would contact bob and have the rating removed, they are very helpful in that way.

Couldnt have said it better.

Grant

Vegar

It is soothing to hear that BoB will help - I will also call her and try to explain that rating me negative for her misunderstanding is not a win win solution - she gets refund and I get my good reputation back... hopefully!!

Thing is I really work hard to keep my part of the deal ...

Thanks for support!!!

babyface2
It is soothing to hear that BoB will help - I will also call her and try to explain that rating me negative for her misunderstanding is not a win win solution - she gets refund and I get my good reputation back... hopefully!!

Thanks for support!!!

i would not even bother phoning her, have tried this in the past and all you get is a rude person on the line screaming and shouting. if this buyer had any bit of decensy they would have emailed you first before giving a negative rating. just contact bob and block the buyer as this is obviously one of those people that can never be satisfied.

i am sitting with a lot of negatives from one buyer, when i started selling and did not know all the ins and outs, also phoned her only to come to the conclusion that she is wacky

Seeds for Africa

Thanks for support!!!

Hope you get it resolved. Grant

Vegar

I sent her an e-mail - a very submissive and understanding e-mail - so I will see if I can't sort it out with her.

True, wacky people feel they win when they manage to hurt someone ... nothing one can do about it - but most people get over it if an acceptable solution is offered ... I hope!

A few weeks age I bought a doggie jersey thing on a R1 auction - I received something so small it wouldn't even make a scarf for my ridgeback ... LOL

I gave a positive rating with the remark: LOL :-) from my 50kg Ridgeback ... - it was my own fault that I didn't check the size :weird:

Digitrade

I also received my first Negative from a new buyer with only 5 ratings. She got exactly what she paid for, but did not like the product. I offered her a full refund including postage, just because I was also scared of receiving a negative! She preferred to decline my offer and rated negative.

I appealed the rating, but Bidorbuy rejected my appeal.

I did learn something from this: Your first Negative is bound to happen some or other time. If you do not manage to get this resolved, it will not have a negative impact on your sales. Make sure you respond to the Negative rating, so that other buyers can see the unfairness of the rating.

Vegar

I did learn something from this: Your first Negative is bound to happen some or other time. If you do not manage to get this resolved, it will not have a negative impact on your sales. Make sure you respond to the Negative rating, so that other buyers can see the unfairness of the rating.

Thanks for the wisdom - I realize that it is not the end of the world. Sort of like getting your first scar... it marred my ratings but most people will look beyond that to the reason behind the 'attack'.

Scars give character ... LOL

Interesting if I will get BoB support ...

Little Miss Muffet

I think you need to find out what disappointed her .She does not state a problem with size.

If it is the size then she obviously did not read the listing properly.

You went to the trouble of measuring each item as well.

To get my daily dig "Typical newbie"

Vegar
I think you need to find out what disappointed her .She does not state a problem with size.

If it is the size then she obviously did not read the listing properly.

You went to the trouble of measuring each item as well.

To get my daily dig "Typical newbie"

The items are new in pristine mint condition - got them from USA - they are cute and intended as a conversation piece for the doll house or other 'pretend' play. As you can see they are tiny so they fit the 1/12 scale doll house.

I cannot imagine that she would be disappointed by anything else but the size - she can't do a tarot reading with the cards ... LOL

She has not replied to my offer of a refund.

lilythepink

Vegar - just remember to appeal the negative rating to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. Your listing is very clear and, clearly, the buyer has over-reacted by rating you negatively. It's not a fair rating from her so I am sure BoB will help you (sometimes it takes a day or two for them to respond) - just remember to send them copies of all relevant documentation, i.e. the order, payment and postage AND your latest email to the buyer. Good luck.

Little Miss Muffet

You have been a member since 2007 with a clean record. Point this out to her. Ask for an explanation of what she expected or did she read the description.Typical of someone who is new on Bob.

Vegar

Lily - I will appeal, just waiting to see if the buyer will accept my offer of a refund.

As you know - if I say that an item is nice and in mint condition, I mean perfect! Nothing wrong with the items only the buyer's expectation and inability to check size...

I have had mixed input about BoB's willingness to help - some people say they will be sympathetic and others say not. We will see ...

It has made me wary of new buyers. I nurture them a lot - detailed instructions and lots of patience - but is it worth it? A high percentage don't pay as we know.

I was devastated yesterday ... sent out an SOS :cry: but am more accepting of it today.

Thanks for all the support and good advice rooted in experience! Good to have you here :love:

RAG Auctioneers

Vegar, we are exactly is in the same predicament at this moment.

You are not the only one.

We are awaiting buyers response via email.

Vegar
Vegar, we are exactly is in the same predicament at this moment.

You are not the only one.

We are awaiting buyers response via email.

Oh No! I have been so impressed more than 6200 positives - perfect record!

I live near the Cape Point Ostrich farm and if one is not familiar with the quality of the skin it can look like imitation.

I am starting to believe that some people are just spoilers ...

wayjen

Fight the negative Vegar, it spoils your day when you receive these ratings. We we called "crooks" today for some items we sold at least you not a crook.

RAG Auctioneers

I am not going to lie, it has been a hard road. :-)

It would be a pity if this particular one spoils our record.

Same in your case.

Very irrational ratings.

I am sure you will get yours sorted out.

Keep emotions out of your emails and keep them simple and professional - you will see that most buyers are willing to cooperate.

lilythepink

I find it helps to wait a day or two (i.e. "sleep" on things) before one deals with a difficult customer! Things seldom seem so bad in the light of a new day.

Seeds for Africa
Fight the negative Vegar, it spoils your day when you receive these ratings. We we called "crooks" today for some items we sold at least you not a crook.

What did you sell that you were called a crook for? Maybe lose the hat.... it does make you look a bit suspect :bigsmile:

wayjen
What did you sell that you were called a crook for? Maybe lose the hat.... it does make you look a bit suspect :bigsmile:

you won't believe it if I told you.

I want to change the picture, maybe now is the best time to do it.

lilythepink
you won't believe it if I told you.

I want to change the picture, maybe now is the best time to do it.

But you're still wearing a hat! (I preferred your old avatar but that's just my 2 cents worth).

Seeds for Africa
But you're still wearing a hat! (I preferred your old avatar but that's just my 2 cents worth).

And with your new avatar without the hat... you wont get your durex royalties anymore. :bigsmile::biggrin::bigsmile: