Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

It doesnt feel right, but has to be done!

SProducts    10
SProducts

I just have to find a way to convince my conscience there is no other way.

There are more than 10 parcels that have been returned to me uncollected, I sent clients meessages through the sales systeom and asked for them to pay for shipping so I resend their parcels and also update their postal address. No respond received except for 2 or 3 which responded and then disappeared into thin air. All these parcels have about 3 months already with about 2 which I have kept for almost a year now.

Today I sent all of them an email informing them to respond in 7 days and if they dont I will sell these items as they are costing me with stoarge space. I am hoping some will respond as much as I will llist them and sell them, it wouldnt feel right.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

This is so typical, I have the same problem.

Most buyers just dont respond, though.

I keep parcels for a maximum of a year and then resell.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

This is so typical, I have the same problem.

Most buyers just dont respond, though.

I keep parcels for a maximum of a year and then resell.

SProducts    10
SProducts

One would wonder if they bought the product just for a kick or they really wanted it. Paying R50.00 would be justified, but most of these are for more than R300.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

If you have done all you can to locate the buyers and inform them of your intentions then I think you can go ahead and resell them

I would also look if they are still active on Bob and if they have listings, to direct a question through one of these. Perhaps that may bring a response.

People move,change email addresses or use them occassionally and people die too so....

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
If you have done all you can to locate the buyers and inform them of your intentions then I think you can go ahead and resell them

I would also look if they are still active on Bob and if they have listings, to direct a question through one of these. Perhaps that may bring a response.

People move,change email addresses or use them occassionally and people die too so....

Perhaps they were all over in Japan when the earthquake and tsunami hit?

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I just have to find a way to convince my conscience there is no other way.

There are more than 10 parcels that have been returned to me uncollected, I sent clients meessages through the sales systeom and asked for them to pay for shipping so I resend their parcels and also update their postal address. No respond received except for 2 or 3 which responded and then disappeared into thin air. All these parcels have about 3 months already with about 2 which I have kept for almost a year now.

Today I sent all of them an email informing them to respond in 7 days and if they dont I will sell these items as they are costing me with stoarge space. I am hoping some will respond as much as I will llist them and sell them, it wouldnt feel right.

Just a word of advice. You need to send them a registered letter advising them that you will dispose of it, or you could have comeback. I had this experience in the past.

grant

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers
Just a word of advice. You need to send them a registered letter advising them that you will dispose of it, or you could have comeback. I had this experience in the past.

grant

Grant, can you elaborate on the registered letter? A letter through the postal service? Or just a formal email?

Fred

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Grant, can you elaborate on the registered letter? A letter through the postal service? Or just a formal email?

Fred

A letter through the postal service. Registered means that the person who collects has to sign personally for it, so cant deny not having received it. When you register you get a tracking / registration number. You pay a bit extra to register the letter.

SProducts    10
SProducts
A letter through the postal service. Registered means that the person who collects has to sign personally for it, so cant deny not having received it. When you register you get a tracking / registration number. You pay a bit extra to register the letter.

I understand your point here, but I think this is a different situation. The person didnt pick up the parcel itself from the post and it was returned to me unclaimed, obviosuly even the registered letter will come back unclaimed and that would be a waste.

Our deal was firstly through internet and I think sending such communication should be valid.

SProducts    10
SProducts

I have done most of that, most of them havent had any ratings for a long time which could mean they are no longer active. I had about 3 who responded and then they disappeared again.

Gem Shop    10
Gem Shop

We do not accept uncollected parcels back from the PO...we have to pay a return postage on it. If a parcel gets returned my PO informs me...I inform the buyer that his/her item was returned due to non collection...give them 7 days to repay the postage and the return postage....if it is not paid I tell the Po to forward the parcel to their unclaimed offices in the Cape and it becomes the buyers problem to claim it back from the PO...I feel we have done our part...we shipped the item to the customer...the customer ignored our emails with his tracker no on it...he ignored the 2 pick up requests from the PO and when the parcel got returned he ignored our email informing him of the return.

SProducts    10
SProducts
We do not accept uncollected parcels back from the PO...we have to pay a return postage on it. If a parcel gets returned my PO informs me...I inform the buyer that his/her item was returned due to non collection...give them 7 days to repay the postage and the return postage....if it is not paid I tell the Po to forward the parcel to their unclaimed offices in the Cape and it becomes the buyers problem to claim it back from the PO...I feel we have done our part...we shipped the item to the customer...the customer ignored our emails with his tracker no on it...he ignored the 2 pick up requests from the PO and when the parcel got returned he ignored our email informing him of the return.

I always hear that you have to pay to receive a returned parcel, my post office doesnt charge me to collect a returned parcel. Is this post office general policy or some specific offices policy?

brands online    10
brands online

Hi SProducts, the 'returned parcel' charge was implemented by SAPO during the course of last year. It is supposed to be charged on all parcels that are returned uncollected. We add this charge to the return postage if the parcel has to be re-sent too.

SProducts    10
SProducts
Hi SProducts, the 'returned parcel' charge was implemented by SAPO during the course of last year. It is supposed to be charged on all parcels that are returned uncollected. We add this charge to the return postage if the parcel has to be re-sent too.

Seems every post office does their own thing, I dont get charged for returned parcels.