Sign in to follow this  
moppies

Botswana buyer - I need help

moppies    10
moppies

Got a call yesterday from a buyer from Botswana: Bitsang Olefhile (no ratings). This buyer registered on 14 February 2011. I could not talk to her as I was busy with interviews.

In short she told me that she wants to pay in pula and that she wants my banking delails. I indicated to her that I only accept payment through bob eft but she insited in having my details. I said that I will come back to her. Now my problem and I refer to the item that was sold:

Handbags & Bags - FREE POSTAGE!!!!! Elegant slingbag - very pretty with sequins and beadwork was sold for R200.00 on 17 Mar at 13:58 by moppies in Potchefstroom (ID:33002897)

1. Yes I did say free postage. If I do free postage to Botswana it will cost me between R95 and R120.00. So I am losing on this deal

2. Yes I did not spesify in my terms that I do not ship outside South Africa

3. The buyer made three purhases in the last month and no ratings have been given yet

4. If I look at her postal address, I smelll a rat. Am I wrong?

Name

P O Box XXXXX

Palapye

Botswana

5. Why is this buyer insisting on my banking details?

I urgently need advise on this please. I have already phoned bob but I did not get a clear answer

donovink    10
donovink

Just a comment on the postal address - It seems fine to me. Postal codes aren't used in Botswana

cp27    10
cp27

Moppies, your payment option is clear "BoB EFT" that is it. If she wants some banking details let her phone BoB and get there banking details and they can credit your BoB account. Personally that is what I will do. good luck

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I would say that as you said you only ship within SA, the free shipping does not apply to Botswana.

The buyer should pay shipping.

If she wants to make payment she can get BoB's banking details and pay them.

These details are available on the order if she looks.

There is no reason why she needs your personal details as BoBpay offers the same service as your own account, but it is much safer.

Also make sure that when she pays, she must take the exchange rate into account as well as any currency exchange fees.

Make sure she understands that you want the specific amount once it has been exchanged in Rands

qball    11
qball

There will be issues with Pula payment to our SA bank accounts for bobPay, rather cancel sale. It may take 2 weeks to clear the payment, plus we will be charged deposit fees and foreign exchange fees, which will have to be recouped from the seller.