Sign in to follow this  
Libertas Computers

Selling stamps

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Hi there,

My parents moved about 18months ago and being myself I went through tons of things to see what there is that you don't actually see around the house.

Anyway, my grandfather passed away about 3 years ago and I found a lot of his old things in a box. I realized that it ended up being stamps mostly and got quite intrigued by it and I remember sitting for about 3 hours seeing what there was. (it really was a box full of stamps and postcards.)

It then saw a lot of parcels being sent from England (he was a GP there 50 or so years ago) and a lot of them were brand new stamps still in its plastic covering and never opened. Some of them really seemed to be of quite some value as a lot of them were first print stamps sent from other GPs in England to him. I also saw a few of them that were stamps printed for the Royal Wedding of Diana and Charles. There were also some that I see he collected himself as it was used stamps that were cut from its envelope and some still with the envelope. There were also some about America and I think about the Golden Gate Bridge.

I'm going to the house again tomorrow afternoon and will have a look around to see if I can find that box again and maybe take some pictures and send it through.

I don't have any knowledge of stamps though, so I don't think that I will be the perfect person to sell these on BoB and was wondering if someone would want to buy them from me or sell them on my behalf perhaps. (I will of course have to ask my Dad if it is ok with him, as I know that he was quite close with my grandfather)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Fred

wayjen    10
wayjen

I have contacted someone who might be interested but they having problems coming on the forum.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Libertas

Some useless information:

I was in Stellenbosch on Monday. I COULD HAVE popped in.

Anyway, it was nice revisting Stellenbosch and seeing that my old hostel (Simonsberg) is still in immaculate condition.

Regards

Jacques