Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Bobpay

kebs

I don't think so - the amount is correct.. It's just crossed out & replaced shows next to it where it usually says payment completed. I did receive the payment confirmation emails though.. So am slightly confused... :confused:

qball

It usually means the buyer initially started completing the order but for some reason did not, then came back later and completed it, so it replaces the first amount that was supposed to have been paid, usually with the same amount or another.

kebs

Thanks Cuan! Welcome back!! :wink:

dominiquesonline

Thanks for that! While I still don't particularly like BOBpay, it is a personal thing. I do understand most your reasoning...

And to round things off... I have reinstated BOBpay on my items. I don't like it, but I want to offer my buyers the most convenient methods available.

Thank you for taking the time to explain things slightly more clearly.

Permit me to doubt the "we don't earn interest" part though... I mean really, who are you kidding?! We all work a lot with banks around here and we know how they work.

Anyhow, I now want to become a verified seller so I can allow credit card payments. I think my clients would like that.... I personally prefer the credit card over everything else.

qball
Thanks for that! While I still don't particularly like BOBpay, it is a personal thing. I do understand most your reasoning...

And to round things off... I have reinstated BOBpay on my items. I don't like it, but I want to offer my buyers the most convenient methods available.

Thank you for taking the time to explain things slightly more clearly.

Permit me to doubt the "we don't earn interest" part though... I mean really, who are you kidding?! We all work a lot with banks around here and we know how they work.

Anyhow, I now want to become a verified seller so I can allow credit card payments. I think my clients would like that.... I personally prefer the credit card over everything else.

Glad we could be of assistance.

You are welcome to doubt the earning of interest - but I can assure you, the 4 bank accounts are sweeped everyday into our Nedbank account, from where we make payouts (daily), thus the balance in that account is constantly changing - I am not aware of any banks that can calculate accurate interest on an account that has a constantly changing account balance on a daily basis? I must re-iterate, we're not a bank... money comes in, it goes out. With banks, generally the money goes in and does not come out.

bobPay does offer convenience to buyers and sellers alike. We look forward to having you as a Verified User.

Kind regards

Cuan

Edited by qball

dominiquesonline

I run an online store.... money comes in and out every single day... I earn interest. :-)

Maybe you should switch banks to one you can actually benefit from. :-P

Ok, I'm done now. Thanks for bearing with me.

bitesize

ok can someone clear up something for me? actually two things:

1) what fees are currently involved with bobpay i.e. payout etc? i know the general part is free but it was mentioned in this thread about payout.

2) verified seller, is this a once off payment or a monthly payment?

Marionet

I am a relatively new buyer and must say that BOB EFT inspires much more confidence than a private payment. I know it is not always logical but I do doubt sellers who demand direct payments to their bank accounts. Payment to BOB creates an atmosphere of confidence - like a big brother who is watching over everything.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Bobpay payouts are as follows:

First one for the month is free.

Every subsequent payout for that month under R3000.00 is R5.00 per payout.

Verified Seller payment is once-off as a private company is contracted to do the checks and this is to cover their fee. This is as I am aware.

bitesize
I am a relatively new buyer and must say that BOB EFT inspires much more confidence than a private payment. I know it is not always logical but I do doubt sellers who demand direct payments to their bank accounts. Payment to BOB creates an atmosphere of confidence - like a big brother who is watching over everything.

lol don't worry, i also doubt sellers when i'm buying because they can run off with your money. plus, i don't like handing out my banking details and would prefer using bobpay except that i don't make many sales and it might not be worth whatever cost goes with it.

bitesize
Bobpay payouts are as follows:

First one for the month is free.

Every subsequent payout for that month under R3000.00 is R5.00 per payout.

Verified Seller payment is once-off as a private company is contracted to do the checks and this is to cover their fee. This is as I am aware.

thanks!!! think i'll go with bobpay and become a verified seller, i was worried about having to pay a monthly fee.

Guest Guest

Back on topic, I would recommend a change to the sales page, that allows orders to not "jump" around between themselves, but have a fixed, maybe saved way of sorting perhaps? Dev. team?