Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Please rate my thread - Yorkshire Terrier – Important Facts About Your Dog/s!

DestinysAngels

:angel:Please rate my thread!

Yorkshire Terrier – Important Facts About Your Dog/s

I would love to know how people feel about the information i am presenting, it would really be beneficial to me as a Behaviourist and you are all very welcome to add a comment or two on what you would like to see in future articles!

PS! Please post comments on this thread as to not confuse me when adding new information to the actual thread, thank you in advance!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Add-On!

dstorm

Hello DA

I have been trying to rate your posts. No Success!

You might know that we have more pets than we can count to, so any advice is always appreciated.

What I would like to know a lot about is how dogs get it right to train human beings……Really, I am the most well trained caregiver in the world.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

DestinysAngels
Hello DA

I have been trying to rate your posts. No Success!

You might know that we have more pets than we can count to, so any advice is always appreciated.

What I would like to know a lot about is how dogs get it right to train human beings……Really, I am the most well trained caregiver in the world.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

Hi, thanks so much the rating is on the top right of your screen:

I will give you an answer to your question very soon, always keep an eye on the thread, asa i have posted i will let you know on this thread, thanks so much!

You are welcome to tell me what you think of the articles in this thread as well, it surely will be appreciated!

lilythepink

Information about the PROPER care of animals is invaluable and we are indebted to you, DA, for giving your time and expertise by way of this thread! Thank you.

DestinysAngels
Information about the PROPER care of animals is invaluable and we are indebted to you, DA, for giving your time and expertise by way of this thread! Thank you.

:awesome:It is an absolute pleasure, anything you need to know about birds too, you are most welcome to ask, i just love doing this for people but mostly for our animals, the more knowledge we have the more animals we will be able to save and help them too to be happy beings!

DestinysAngels

Dear Jacques "dstorm": "This answer relates to your Question": What I would like to know a lot about is how dogs get it right to train human beings…… Really, I am the most well trained caregiver in the world"

Well after some research and this was not an easy question, i came to this conclusion with the help of orther peoples experiences and some of my own to answer your Question:

We can learn love and humanity if we open our hearts to animals! Also, animals teach everything, if we are willing to learn! Let's start at A, B, and C!

Astronomy: Animals use the sun, moon, stars and light sources to guide migrations, to follow food sources, to navigate for pollination!

Biology: Biological diversity is the foundation for life on earth, everything ever learned from Neolithic times to I-pod evolution is based on mimetic and mimicry of all other living things! Birds gave us song and dance, flight and fancy, and more!

Chemistry: What animals teach with their pheromones and olfactory abilities has led to entire industries of medicine, agriculture, and more! Let's not forget what lab animals sacrifice to teach us what is lethal and what is safe in our detergents, cosmetics, and food!

Democracy, Disability, Domesticity: Animals showed humans how being alpha can mean leadership, but rarely requires killing one another! For people with any disability, animals are both companions, and also life savers! Domestication gave us animals that are companions, farm workers, food, and entertainment, raw materials such as leather and wool, and much, much more; A-Z!

I am more enthralled than ever at the adaptability and love that animals show! The animals can teach us acceptance, forgiveness, unconditional love and the hard to learn lesson of moving on!

Animals give us unconditional love, they are without pretense, they fill any empty spaces left by the people in our world! Have you ever noticed the way your pet greets you when you return home? They seem to exuberantly meet you and to have the ability to see in your eyes your joy in seeing them or the distraction you have brought in the door with you! I hear that a cat will slither around your legs with sometimes give a meow!

They are able to detect anything out of the normal rhythm of the day, and will watch you as you meander about finding another direction or plan! They just watch closely! Is that not a lesson in itself? I believe we can learn from our animals! We can learn that in spite of our unspoken words, we can communicate! That our feelings if real, are more genuinely conveyed even in a silent world! That touch will suffice if words fail us!

Hope this is of some help to you, enjoy!

Regards,

DA!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Spelling!

mellowred

Dogs give unconditional love. Cats on the other hand have a load of rules and regulations and be damned if you don't keep up. :whistling:

Seriously though DA what you say is very true. Pets appear very clever because they seem to know what day of the week it is. But it is our behaviour or mood that they read so very well.

My Dad used to get into his car every morning to got to work - Bugsy (the dog) would wag his tail and say cheerio. On Sundays however, Bugsy would wait barking at the car because he used to drive with my Dad to get the Sunday papers. That always used to amuse us no end.

DestinysAngels
Dogs give unconditional love. Cats on the other hand have a load of rules and regulations and be damned if you don't keep up. :whistling:Seriously though DA what you say is very true. Pets appear very clever because they seem to know what day of the week it is. But it is our behaviour or mood that they read so very well.

:angel:Yes, indeed they do read our behaviour and our mood, ever seen a dog when coming home look at your face, that expression tells them clearly how they should react. Example: Your dog shredded your carpet, but remember he/she has forgotten that it had been done, you get home and see this, the first thing you do is look at him/her and say: Ag no man, what have you done, your facial expression has changed from good to bad and now the dogs expression has changed the same way, you think to yourself, oh, you look guilty, then shout and punish him/her. Trust me, the dog has no clue why they are being punished and therefore think you don't like me any more, only when caught in the act, you should react, not hours or even 10 minutes after it happened, there is no way your dog could know why they are being punished!

DestinysAngels

:angel:Well, i sincerely hope everyone is enjoying the articles just as much as i am enjoying presenting it to you, remember, if you need any information that i am not covering or if there is anyone who needs to know something other than what is presented to ask in this thread, i would be happy to assist in any way possible, enjoy the articles and have a wonderfull wagging day!

dstorm

Hello DA

Yes we do enjoy your posts!

Something from my side: We took in a little “Boerboel” puppy from somebody on Facebook (seemed like a rescue case / unwanted illegitimate child) some time ago.

Well (as the time passed), it seems as if the little dog is more of a cross between a Pit Bull and a Sausage dog. Innocence mixed with aggression as he is trying (in vain for now) to establish his place in the (dysfunctional) pack.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

DestinysAngels

:angel:Hi Jacques, thanks for the comment. The new one will eventually find his feet, dogs have a way of establishing who is the leader and who is the follower, just monitor the dog as the days goes by, check for things like aggression and asa you see that, fix it, it is fixable, if you need tips on aggression i will gladly help out. I will post a article about aggression for you, see if you agree and like what i will suggest, if it doesn't work, please let me know and we can try from a different angle. The problem with cross dogs is that you cannot predict what will happen, you need to understand the traits and problem shootings from both breeds which he is crossed with, but i believe it can be fixed, remember train, train, train, a obedient dog is less likely to get angry than a non trained dog!

Edited by DestinysAngels

DestinysAngels

:angel:Hope everyone is still enjoying the articles, it takes time to put together, i am trying to post the most relevant information to help people with some of the more common issues regarding their pets, i am also studying and have to put cases together for the exam, if my case studies are successfull i will post some during the course of the year. Enjoy!

lilythepink

You're doing very well with your articles, Destiny! It's a wonderful service you are providing.

DestinysAngels
You're doing very well with your articles, Destiny! It's a wonderful service you are providing.

Thank you Janet, i am glad to know you are enjoying them!:toung:

StudMuffinsMissus

photo.php?fbid=165605140177815&set=a.162235757181420.42066.102387966499533&type=1&theater[/img]

Hi, what a great thread! Im owned by these 2 adopted mutts. What I would love to know more on is cooking for your dog & a good dog biscuit recipe. Bovril my Bulldog was so mangy when I got him, since I cook his food his coat is 100% with no skin problems at all. I give them pets mince, brown rice, bone meal & veggies (squash, butternut, sweet potato). Lilly, the Bull Mastiff snores like hell although she is not overweight at all. I dont mind too much...just turn the TV up a bit :smile1:

I can really recommend Medipet. The vets recommend this company as they don't hassle with claims like some other pet plans. Looking forward to more posts!

Miss Jewels

Hi DA

Thanks so much for your valuable info always. It's highly appreciated. I do however need help with Nala, my 7 year old golden Labbie. She's about 8 kg's overweight and currently on the Science Plan Light programme. The vet has advised that we switch over to the JD food programme in order for her to loose weight. Your valuable advise would be highly appreciated here. Nala also has hip dysplasia so really does need to loose weight urgently! Other problem is that her 2 year old "pup", Mieke, will not eat unless they can eat together. So ideally, I would also like to maintain Mieke's weight (she's on scale) so possible food that they can possibly both eat. Many thanks and kind regards, Cheryl

TS Ron

We have three dogs two jack russels with extremely bad skin problems. We have just changed their diet to ostrich meat with veg, omega three oil, one brewes yeast tablet a day they improving daily. The labxstaff has no problems although already 14 years walks like a puppy on this diet. She has no aches or pain or being stiff going through this winter. Thanks Destiny Angels always enjoy your threads they are extremely useful!

DestinysAngels
photo.php?fbid=165605140177815&set=a.162235757181420.42066.102387966499533&type=1&theater[/img]

Hi, what a great thread! Im owned by these 2 adopted mutts. What I would love to know more on is cooking for your dog & a good dog biscuit recipe. Bovril my Bulldog was so mangy when I got him, since I cook his food his coat is 100% with no skin problems at all. I give them pets mince, brown rice, bone meal & veggies (squash, butternut, sweet potato). Lilly, the Bull Mastiff snores like hell although she is not overweight at all. I dont mind too much...just turn the TV up a bit :smile1:

I can really recommend Medipet. The vets recommend this company as they don't hassle with claims like some other pet plans. Looking forward to more posts!

:thinking:Thanks for the positive feedback. I make my own biscuits and if i remember correctly i did promise to send some here, i decided against it though as i can actually sell them in the future. Although for a limited time only i will give out a recipe or two to those members who pm me for a recipe!

Time: 25th July untill the 30th of July thereafter no freebies or free assessments will be given as i plan to list them in the near future. I will still post my articles and interesting readings for those who care to read it or untill i decide otherwise!

Thanks again for the feedback, it is really appreciated!

DestinysAngels
Hi DA

Thanks so much for your valuable info always. It's highly appreciated. I do however need help with Nala, my 7 year old golden Labbie. She's about 8 kg's overweight and currently on the Science Plan Light programme. The vet has advised that we switch over to the JD food programme in order for her to loose weight. Your valuable advise would be highly appreciated here. Nala also has hip dysplasia so really does need to loose weight urgently! Other problem is that her 2 year old "pup", Mieke, will not eat unless they can eat together. So ideally, I would also like to maintain Mieke's weight (she's on scale) so possible food that they can possibly both eat. Many thanks and kind regards, Cheryl

:smile1:Hi Cheryl, it is such a pleasure always, please pm me on the 25th of July with this problem, i will then assess your baby for you and suggest some options, please add this info into the pm so i can work with the information given. I have some lectures and training sessions to attend to from now untill late Saturday and then i can put my mind to all my forum friends posts!

Kindest Regards,

Mari'

DestinysAngels
We have three dogs two jack russels with extremely bad skin problems. We have just changed their diet to ostrich meat with veg, omega three oil, one brewes yeast tablet a day they improving daily. The labxstaff has no problems although already 14 years walks like a puppy on this diet. She has no aches or pain or being stiff going through this winter. Thanks Destiny Angels always enjoy your threads they are extremely useful!

:smile1:Hi, it is such a pleasure always, please pm me on the 25th of July with this problem, i will then assess your baby for you and suggest some options, please add this info into the pm so i can work with the information given. I have some lectures and training sessions to attend to from now untill late Saturday and then i can put my mind to all my forum friends posts!

Kindest Regards,

Mari'

DestinysAngels
Hi DA

Morning Cheryl, i have not received a PM from you regarding your question, so i will be adding an article on "Rid of Extra Weight and Switching Dog Food", maybe this could help a little, let me know if you find it informative, please go look at my Article Posts on the Yorkshire Terriers and please remember i don't just deal with Yorkies, but other breeds too!:angel:

Edited by DestinysAngels
Fixing!

DestinysAngels

Morning, please see these Articles of mine in the Thread i started on Yorkshire Terriers: "Treating Dog Allergies - Effective Dog Allergy Treatments You Should Know Of" and "An update about common dog skin problems!" in my Article Thread, if you need more advice, please ask!:angel:

Edited by DestinysAngels
Fixing!

lilythepink

And don't forget Lily's medicinal compound which helps all doggy and kitty itches - "Pets' Anti-Itch lotion".

Please PM me if you want to buy a bottle!

DestinysAngels

:love:Morning, just checking in to let everyone know that i have posted 2 more articles for everyone to read, hope you are all still enjoying them and do find some meaning and helpfull information from and out of them. If you want me to post or write something on something spesific, please ask, enjoy and have a great week further loving all furries and people alike!

DestinysAngels

:razz:My next article will be for MsPlod, about the Collie, hope you will enjoy!