Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

Sad email from a buyer taught me something!

SProducts    10
SProducts

I sold a Blackberry 9500 to a buyer recently, they received it and all was well. The buyer had told me it was a birthday present for his son who was in Stellenbosch studying.

Then I get an email from the buyer, the phone was stolen from his house. He hadnt even given it to his son, he was checking if I had a record of the serial, IMEI number so he can blacklist the phone and unfortunately I didnt.

I then thought about it, I have to keep records of these numbers of all my phones. Although it might not happen, but will help in case of similar situations and then atleast it will feel better knowing you blacklisted the stolen phone and no one can use it.

The other thing, the post office people steal our packages. If you have the EMEI you can just blacklist the phone and it will be useless to them, just a pity I never thought of this earlier it could have heelped this buyer.

To all other seller, if you dont already do. I think its important to keep these details, you dont know when you might need them and this might put someone in jail.

Edited by SProducts

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

One has to feel really sorry for your buyer! Glad that you will be able to help him. In circumstances like these it's a pity that the phone can't be permanently "disabled" so that no-one can ever use it again - not even clever scamsters who seem able to get them working again even though they have been blacklisted.

SProducts    10
SProducts

@Lily, unfortunately I am unable to help the buyer as I wasnt keeping the records before. I justed started now to write down the details for all dispatched parcels. Even if I mange to get the list of EMEI numbers from my supplier I wouldnt know which is for which phone.

I am still not clear how they stole it from the buyer in his house.

I always hear that people are able to unlock a blacklisted phone. Is that possible?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I've also only heard about it being done but never seen it! (I'd walk straight out and report them to SAPS anyway if I did see it being done!) :angel: lol