Sign in to follow this  
RAG Auctioneers

Genuine leather certificate

RAG Auctioneers

Hi guys,

Would anyone know where I could get a third party certificate to indicate that the items I am selling are genuine leather?

Our genuine leather items are selling at ridiculous prices, and I thought a certificate will help give buyers confidence.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

lilythepink
Hi guys,

Would anyone know where I could get a third party certificate to indicate that the items I am selling are genuine leather?

Our genuine leather items are selling at ridiculous prices, and I thought a certificate will help give buyers confidence.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

Isn't there a saddlery or leather outlet somewhere near you? Perhaps they would be prepared to certify your leather goods?

alloway65
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

On the internet you can find a series of simple tests which helps you ascertain what is real leather and what is not....at least in your own mind you can be assured that what you are selling is real leather.

daisyjewel

What you could also do is say on the listing that you guarantee it to be genuine leather ... or you will give the customer their money back. If you are sure it is genuine leather then the customer would not be able to dispute the fact when they get it.

RAG Auctioneers

Awesome ideas guys!

Thanks. :)

Seeds for Africa
Awesome ideas guys!

Thanks. :)

Hi. Give the dept of agriculture in your area a call. I used to trade in leather, but a long time ago. If they cant certify, they will direct you to a tannery who will be able to.

alloway65
Hi. Give the dept of agriculture in your area a call. I used to trade in leather, but a long time ago. If they cant certify, they will direct you to a tannery who will be able to.

South African Bureau of Standards...if it still exists.

lilythepink
South African Bureau of Standards...if it still exists.

ROFL! And even if they still do exist do they even know how to certify leather properly? :whistling: