Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

What does Uncirculated mean?

wayjen    10
wayjen

I've got a Mandela coin (90th Birthday) that was given to me by a bank teller and has never been out of the bag. Would that be considered UNCIRCULATED and s that the type of coin I can put on BoB?

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

Yes, that should be considered as an uncirculated coin.

It would probably sell for around R40 on BoB, and after deducting listing fees and BoB commission, you should end up with a profit of say R20 to R30.

Even if it grades as an uncirculated coin, it will sell for around R100 whilst your grading costs will be more than that.

So rather keep it as a conversation piece or spend it on an ice cream.

BTW - is your profile pic yours or that of Spike Milligan?

Pierre

wayjen    10
wayjen

That be Spike in all his finery.

Thanks Pierre

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

this would go as uncirculated mainly as it doesnt have any wear at all, even though there are quite a few subcategories under UNC as stated by NGC in the USA, but you actually being the first public ''owner'' would make it UNC. I cant think of a way how one would ever get a coin being ''more'' UNC than that. Ur lucky! :awesome:

wayjen    10
wayjen

I'm going for that R150 000.00 listing on BoB just like the one at S A Coin.

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

Wayjen

From memory I remember the following line from Spike Milligans "Hitler - my part in his downfall"

It was a book of his experiences during the Second World War up in North Africa...

.... Somewhere in the night a donkey was braying .... "Good night mother" said gunner Brown (and went to sleep).

I have read that in 1980 and never forgot the line!

Pierre

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha ha I remember it well, I've read quite a few of his books and laughed at every page. On Friday I got a big CD spindle of Cd's full of the Goon Show and so far only listen to 2 cds at this rate it will take me forever to finish.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
ha ha ha ha I remember it well, I've read quite a few of his books and laughed at every page. On Friday I got a big CD spindle of Cd's full of the Goon Show and so far only listen to 2 cds at this rate it will take me forever to finish.

I listed all my Zimbabwe notes and coins over the weekend. I will email you some good sites regarding condition and classification of coins and notes. It's a bit daunting at first but with a bit of research can be rather simple to classify.

wayjen    10
wayjen
I listed all my Zimbabwe notes and coins over the weekend. I will email you some good sites regarding condition and classification of coins and notes. It's a bit daunting at first but with a bit of research can be rather simple to classify.

Coins are like stamps as there is such allot of red tape involved in trying to list them thats why I leave it for Jenny to handle.