Sign in to follow this  
LikeNeedWant

Am I being too suspicious?

LikeNeedWant

Hi everyone

Received a new order about an hour ago, followed by an email from the customer.

Long story short, she is in Canada and was buying something for her husband who was in the US currently. She had increased postage and enquired whether this was enough to send via SAPO EMS, and also wanted to pay via PayPal. While I offer PayPal on my website, I don't on Bid or Buy, though it should also be noted that on my website I state that Consumer Electronics only ship in SA, but forgot to specify this on BoB.

I was cautious from the beginning, since she was a new user to BoB, only registered today, and obviously has no history. Turning to my good friend Google, I did a quick search on her address which leads me to The Ritz-Carlton, Montreal, with her day and evening phone number also being for The Ritz-Carlton. Am I being too suspicious here? First time user? Address and Phone Number that are easily found online? :thinking:

LikeNeedWant

Nevermind, user has just been blacklisted.

:smile:

anerstemens

lol :) ..

Guest Guest

like need want DONT SEND IT! I LOST R8000 the other day on a private non-bob deal on a junkmail item to a N*G*RIAN living in Hillbrow. They offer to pay via paypal and inflate shipping that you must feel honored.

PS: No matter about her number, the gangster i dealt with is STILL USING HIS NON-RICAD cell number till today and the cops couldnt catch him yet.

End: Trust your gut, rather leave a deal when it gets fishy and you havent lost money then.

LikeNeedWant

I never ship anything without payment clearing into our bank account, but this one had me cautious from the beginning, and after the info turned up by Google I was about to contact the 'buyer' to get more information. Before I could send it 'she' was blacklisted, and I left it at that.

And I am a firm believer in trusting ones gut.

Guest Guest

in my case the money did clear. so i mailed the Blackberry. And then it bounced cos it was a cheque paid in as cash by the N*GERI*N