Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Link to another sellers's items for sale

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Good evening All.

Is it allowed to add a link to another seller's products on bidorbuy? With their permission of course!

Reason being: I am selling DIY party stuff and do not have pics of the products in use or made up. If another seller has, and they allow me to use the picture, may I then link the picture on my listing to their products on bidorbuy?

Just asking, and thanks for any input.

Sandy

Vegar    10
Vegar

If they allow you to use their pictures why don't they just e-mail them to you?

Thing is, if you send the potential buyer to another seller via the link - one with nice pictures of the item in action ... you might very well lose the buyer :-(

Many sellers use pictures from the net - just because they are better quality than amateur snap shots.

Be aware that some buyers might suspect you don't have the item if you don't have your own pictures.

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Thing is, I don't just supply from bidorbuy, I have customers for example who have been buying bamboo baskets for months, I have never listed these until just recently as my sales have been stable for a while off site. However I have had an enquiry or two from these people who would like to sell the gift hampers already made up - one of which sells flower hampers and another who sells the most exquisitely packed party food hampers - I sell them the basic stuff they use (baskets, cellophane, organza, ribbon, polystyrene and wire) I also supply the most exquisite cupcake holders - my daughter will be adding them soon on her account (Pimp Ur Party)

So basically, we'd like to expand our sales on these goodies - but we don't use them ourselves, the two people I mentioned would like to sell the finished products on bidorbuy - but I'd like to help them (as I am already established as a seller and have some regulars who might be interested in their products). We'd be helping each other in other words.

As a craft supplier I know one thing for a fact - either you buy the finished good, or you make it yourself - their is very little "stepping on each others toes" in this regard - even if making it oneself works out cheaper - makes no difference, the "mentality" differs completely.

Vegar    10
Vegar

I see what you mean - I don't think there is any rule against sellers co-operating in this manner.

In fact I would love other sellers to direct their buyers my way :grin:

I had a look at your stuff - a really nice 'shop' for crafters!