Corrections!

DestinysAngels

This thread is cancelled!

Edited by DestinysAngels

DestinysAngels

Edited by DestinysAngels

lilythepink

Hi DA. I see what you've written about eggs. The biotin is in the egg yolks - it is the white of the eggs which causes the imbalance! Now I understand why you were querying the feeding of raw eggs to a dog! Cooking the yolks takes away the benefits of the biotin but the egg still contains iron which is good for dogs (which aren't allergic to eggs!) It is always good to err on the side of caution and not give egg yolks (or any egg) if there is the slightest chance that the dog could be allergic.

DestinysAngels

Edited by DestinysAngels

lilythepink

Sorry, Mari'. Gets a bit confusing to post in another thread when something seems pertinent here. But I'll respect your wishes!

DestinysAngels

Edited by DestinysAngels

MsPlod

Um... OK so not sure what to do here - I wanted to respond to this comment (http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/garden-pets/14903-vet-bills-dogs.html#post124469) but the thread has been closed, so will do so here if that is OK?

You write... "Then about the eggs, seeing as i done the course and have been warned and taught by professionals in the field of dogs and have the necessary qualifications to back me, i am giving information that is accurate and true, whether people decide to use the advice is up to them, in the long run some products could cause damage to dogs and i am just telling it like it is!"

It is quite correct that many things are harmful to our pets - but one does not HAVE to do a course to know about many of these things - much of the information is readily available with some research and a lot of experience - but thank you again for sharing what you are finding out.

One other thing is that the information in this thread is presumably information which largely comes from books and journals and other sources. Would it be possible for you to reference all of these sources? That is the usual way these things are done. For example, if I write about things in my particular field of expertise (as an expert - not just in day to day discussion) then I always have to refer to the source of the information. It can be viewed as plagiarism to write down things as an expert without giving credit to the source of the information, and it would be just too horrible for you to get into trouble for something which you are doing because you love it and want to help others?

DestinysAngels

The thread is cancelled. I have used all the knowledge in my textbooks to re-right these articles, i therefore did not find the need to actually add the references and i wrote them whilst studying at the same time and i thought it might be of use to people who is interested in their pets!

Edited by DestinysAngels

MsPlod

Phew DA! What can I say? Please re-read what I asked/wrote and I hope that you will reconsider your response. No offence meant - despite great offence appearing to have been taken?

qball

Ok, folks, how about we all settle down before someone says something to offend...

Thank you.

lilythepink

Hi Mari. This thread is still open for you to educate folks about dogs, and I hope you will continue to do so but, at the same time, give other folk a fair chance to put their points of view forward, too. One-sided articles are open to criticism, lass, so welcome whoever makes a statement that you don't quite agree with and be happy that someone is interested in your posts.

There are many dog owners who do not have a proper clue about looking after their animals so advice is always helpful. I can quite understand why the other two threads were closed as they were both very similar to this one and, just from my point of view, all three became confusing.

MsPlod is quite correct that when one cites or quotes (takes things) from books, lecture notes or the internet then one is obliged to mention the author or the publication from which it is taken, with the publisher of the book or article being fully mentioned, together with the relevant page number. I do a great deal of proofreading and editing and if you need help about how to do referencing, I am happy to help you as much as is possible over the internet.