Sign in to follow this  
shellbee

Probable scam

shellbee    10
shellbee

Please be very careful of this seller - I won the item below on Crazy Wednesday and paid via eft immeditaley to Bob. He first refused to handover goods until Bob paid the money into his account then when Natashja fom Bob contacted him he agreed I could collect the notebook from his shop at 110 Main Road, Plumstead. His "shop" turned out to be the local cafe who had never heard of him.

When I phoned him he said I collect the next day (today) at 12 0'clock from the cafe but changed his mind when I said I had been to the shop. I have been waiting at my office since 1.00 o'clock for him to deliver - have phoned and sms'ed several times to which he replies "he is on his way - will be here in 15 minutes" Well, it is now 5.00 o'clock and his phone is off (landline number he has given is non-existent). Natashja warned me yesterday that this deal did not look right - I guess it's goodbye to R1351.00 and no notebook to take on holiday!! His username is REBOOT IT PLUMSTEAD.

I will be reporting the matter to the police as soon as I get back from my holiday.

IBM, Lenovo - IBM THINKPAD NOTEBOOK PENTIUM 3 R 30 was sold for R1,351.00 on 9 Mar at 21:55 by REBOOT IT PLUMSTEAD in Cape Town (ID:34109577)

admin    0
admin

Hi shellbee,

Some good news :smile: You made payment via BobPay - EFT so your money is safe, no pay out has been made to this seller yet.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Hi shellbee,

Some good news :smile: You made payment via BobPay - EFT so your money is safe, no pay out has been made to this seller yet.

Sounds like a very lucky escape!

shellbee    10
shellbee

Thank you, admin!

Thank you, admin - you have made my day. I can now go away and enjoy my holiday. Does this mean that the money can be held until such time as I notify you that I have received the goods? My deal with the seller was that I bought this laptop specifically for use on my holiday - now that he has not delivered I have a major problem and will have have no use for it when I get back.

admin    0
admin

Hi shellbee,

Please send the request to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. I will make a note on the sellers profile to that effect when received, should it go that far.

p.s. I know a great site where you can list the unwanted notebook when you get back.....

shellbee    10
shellbee

Probable Scam

Thanks admin, I have sent the email. Without the notebook I will not receive any emails until the night of the 22nd March so if they email me I may not get it. I now do not have funds to buy another notebook so am in a catch twenty two situation.

Was going to list the notebook on that great online site when I got back :grin:

SProducts    10
SProducts
Hi shellbee,

These are indeed good news.

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

I'm watching this one.. Waiting to see what happens to the other products sold..

shellbee    10
shellbee

Update; email from seller and my response......I am still waiting.

Where will you see me tomorrow? You will need to phone me in order for my husband to collect the computer - my office is not open on a Saturday so there will be nobody there.

Please call me to arrange a place to collect the laptop.

Thanks,

Shelley.

----- Original Message -----

E3 Consult
[/email]

To:
Shelley Lombard
[/email]

Sent:
Friday, March 11, 2011 10:12 PM

Subject:
Re: Order 3640386 received on bidorbuy

Shelley

I will see you tomorrow.

My email to community watch.... what a fun way start my holiday (NOT!)

Further to all other correspondence please see the sellers email below.

My husband called the seller on Saturday morning to arrange to collect - he was once again "on his way" and promised to call back in 5 minutes. After about 30 mins my husband called him again and he did not not answer the phone - the same thing that he did all day on Friday.

He told me at some stage that he did not have the charger for the notebook (in which case he should not have advertised it) and was trying to locate it - my feeling is that this is the still case although he assured my husband that he did now have it!

This makes it at least 10 occassions that he was "on his way to me" now - I really do not think that this seller has everything he needs to deliver the item to me?for me to collect and has lied continually. I have sent a mail to community watch to ask them to please cancel the sale and refund.

I have now had to delay my holiday as I now have to go into my office tomorrow morning to make alternate plans in order to remain in contact with my staff while I am away - not quite sure what but I am hoping to borrow a laptop from a colleague.

Under the circumstance please can you cancel this sale and refund my money - I am happy for the funds to be put into my Bodorbuy account with you.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Shelley Lombard.

Edited by admin
Removed email addresses

shellbee    10
shellbee

Bobpay eft?

So much for my lucky escape !! No delivery of the notebook, seller is blacklisted as he did exactly the same to three others buyers and Bidorbuy calmly inform me someone in the finance department unfortunately made an error and paid the seller AFTER admin's note to the contrary. Not good enough in my book, Bob - clearly we have no protection if you do not take the responsibilty for errors on the part of inefficient staff :evil: Al I can now do is lay a charge of fraud against a seller whose id was not verified by Bob anyway!

brands online    10
brands online
Hi shellbee,

I thought you were clearly ASSURED your money IS safe?

admin    0
admin
I thought you were clearly ASSURED your money IS safe?

Hi brands online,

And it was, unfortunately no-one can predict a human mistake. This is all I have to say about this as I do not know what happened and it is not my place to comment about what happened as I am not privy to that info.

Everyone that post here, please keep in mind that only Cuan will be able to respond here and is not available till next week.

Thank you.

qball    11
qball

We do apologise for this. Unfortunately bobPay does not guarantee that your funds will be 100% safe, as we do not act as an escrow or trust service, as per our bobPay terms. The payout request was processed before the appropriate action could be taken.

We do apologise for this. You will need to open a case of theft against the seller. Please contact our security team for further assistance.

Kind regards

Cuan

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

Unfortunately bobPay does not guarantee that your funds will be 100% safe

This is exactly the reason why I will never use BoBpay EFT.

qball    11
qball

That's entirely your choice. The vast majority of transactions that are using bobPay are safe, very few issues. Paying someone directly using their banking details is certainly a lot more risky, bobPay has proven to be very successful in this regard but that comment is purely to cover us legally... As a reputable seller, offering bobPay there is almost non existent risk. From a buying perspective, looking at the stats and payments we receive, very few payments actually incur any risk. What has happened here is the exception rather than the norm.

But it's your choice....

Edited by qball