Sign in to follow this  
BUYandSAVE

Cleared EFT now being reversed?

BUYandSAVE    10
BUYandSAVE

Buyer placed a order on Monday and paid on Monday ; Payment cleared today and package was shipped today, buyer informs me that he is cancelling the order and that the eft was reversed. He works for Sasfin. Can a eft payment be reversed that has already cleared my account?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi

As far as I know an EFT can't be reversed, but it depends on how he paid.

I would recommend that you send all correspondence to BoB for them to have a look at.

Also, you can stop the parcel, you might pay a small fee for that, contact your post office in the morning, maybe they haven't sent it to the hub yet.

If it has gone to the hub, you will need to track the parcel to its destination and then request that post office to return the parcel to you, you will pay when you receive it.

kebs    10
kebs

I think you can reverse an EFT, but the account holder may have to pay a fee & you only have a certain time period to do it - something like 2 weeks. I would tell the buyer that then they have to send the parcel back at their own cost if you can't stop the delivery. & report it.. This sort of thing shouldn't be done - one thinks it's safe to send the parcel, & then suddenly the buyer changes their mind once it's sent... Not very nice!

JPBon    10
JPBon

As far as I know you can only have an EFT reversed within 24 hours, Bank A has to contact Bank B to contact you. I would speak to your bank as soon as possible, Btw this is often done by scammers.

SProducts    10
SProducts

I know you can reverse an EFT payment. But I assume your bank has to confirm with you before doing the reversal, it doesnt make sense that they would just reverse it without your knowledge. I had a cousin who had about R40,000.00 paid into her account and they called her to inform her the money will be reversed and she mustnt use it.

BUYandSAVE    10
BUYandSAVE

I don't suspect this is a scammer as he has a sasfin bank email address , He has confirmed when the funds are reversed he will make payment again , I will contact the courier company to hold goods in transit. I don't think eft's should be allowed to be reversed, but i will go and speak with my bank tommorrow and see under what circimstances they reverse transactions.

chrisc    10
chrisc

I have had an EFT reversed, and only found out when I saw this debit to my account that I did not recognise. Phoned my bank who took about 2 days to figure out what it was (they initially told me it was a credit card payment). Buyer ignored emails to send back parcel, so in effect he has stolen goods. SAPS not interested, even though I got a copy of the signed parcel slip from his PO. Amount was R 660,00.

Edited by chrisc
typo

kebs    10
kebs

Hope you reported him to community watch?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I'm sure you'll have a good case for the small claims court