Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Right time to post SNC?

Pathway    10
Pathway

Hi all, when is the right time to post an SNC? I aslk buyers to pay withing 48 hours of winning the auction, and they don't - what a suprise! Then I send them a not reminding them they have won, after the 48 hours is up. What next, if they don't pay? Help?:hm:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

If the buyer does not respond after the first reminder, then in all likelyhood they will not respond no matter how many reminders you send.

File the SNC as soon as possible (after 7 days). I copy the rating given (negative) into the SNC block - usually: "No payment received despite reminder. Item to be relisted."

Just chose the appropriate SNC reason - most common is "Terms not met by buyer".

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I agree with Cali. File the SNC as soon as possible - which is 7 days after the auction is won. 7 days gives a buyer more than enough time in which to pay or to make alternative payment arrangements with the seller.

My terms are to pay within 48hrs. I send an initial email right after the auction closes , a reminder after 48hrs and if I still do not receive payment I then send an email explaining that a SNC will be filed and the item relisted immediately due to the buyer not meeting the terms of the auction.

It's always unpleasant to have to beg for money from buyers and I really feel one reminder to pay is sufficient.

Pathway    10
Pathway

Thanks so much!!! I'll do as you both say.