Sign in to follow this  
AllsortZA

Customs duties & Import codes-Drropshippers

AllsortZA

With customs duties & vat- who pays, the customer or the reseller/dropshipper?

And do I need an import permit and code if I drop-ship into the country? Who is the consignee-myself or the customer. I'm a little confused. Tried contacting Customs but all I get is a phone ringing. Thank you.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I don't know the answers to all your questions, but I do know you need specific permission from BoB to dropship on the site.

Not1CentMore

I cannot answer for other Dropship Sellers, but I pay any / all applicable duties and taxes (billed back to me via UPS on larger / heavier / handle with care shipments) and I pay any / all applicable dutes and taxes when I post smaller parcels via USPS (Post Office).

Wild Olive Art

Contact SARS for help with regards import, I found them very efficient when dealing with my queries . Whoever the importer of the goods is ( in other words you ) has to pay the applicable taxes or custom duties and yes , you will have to register as an importer with customs.

South African Revenue Service - Importers

SProducts

As mentioned by Tananka, you need permission from BoB to dropship. Duties are paid by whoever the parcels is delivered to. Your customers will be responsible for all VAT and duties. Most express companies have a custom and duties account whereby they charge and bill you without having to pay when collecting the parcel, don't know if it works when dropshipping. I had one supplier who had the duties charged to them and I didn't have to pay anything. I doubt it will work with normal and ems postage.

Your client doesn't need an importers code and you also don't need it unless you import more frequently.

Edited by SProducts

AllsortZA

Thanks

Thanks for your answers, I guess I''ll go the safe route and register with SARS.