Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Hard work is needed to sell on Bid or Buy or is it?

voldermort
I think I must send him a reminder.

naaah, give me a few days on the beach first :sneaky:

wayjen

this winter sun will be the death of you my dear.

voldermort
this winter sun will be the death of you my dear.

just read somewhere that whatever doesnt kill me, will only make me stronger :twisted:

mellowred

Voldermort

Showing 1 to 40 of 8127 items
Wayjen

Showing 1 to 40 of 4387 items
Where do you store the stuff? :shock:

lilythepink

Let me know when you find out, mellowred, and I'll join you for a ride on the broom (Mona can stay at home) while we go and inspect the two warehouses of voldermort and wayjen! :nuts:

It could beat the epic trip which MsPlod, MrAerospace and I undertook with a wheelbarrow across the Victoria Falls!

wayjen
Voldermort

Wayjen

I have a pouch like a kangaroo.

voldermort
Voldermort

Wayjen

lol, it is amazing how much space you do find when you need to......... :awesome:

wayjen
lol, it is amazing how much space you do find when you need to......... :awesome:

So true. If you lucky enough to get a sale then a space opens up for you just to refill it again.

voldermort
So true. If you lucky enough to get a sale then a space opens up for you just to refill it again.

& if bad luck you get a bid on the very very last book of the pile that is your handmade staircase :sad:

wayjen

the worse is you get a bid and unpack a room to find it and realise it's not in that room.

Edited by wayjen

voldermort
the wrse is you get a bid and unpack a room to find it and realise it's not in that room.

so you systematically clear out each room one at a time, the good thing though is by the time you find the item....you suddenly realise you have an extra room you completely forgot about :awesome:

wayjen
so you systematically clear out each room one at a time, the good thing though is by the time you find the item....you suddenly realise you have an extra room you completely forgot about :awesome:

I once found granny behind a box, I lost her again later though.

mellowred
Let me know when you find out, mellowred, and I'll join you for a ride on the broom (Mona can stay at home) while we go and inspect the two warehouses of voldermort and wayjen! :nuts:

It could beat the epic trip which MsPlod, MrAerospace and I undertook with a wheelbarrow across the Victoria Falls!

Mona is only tiny Lil, you can put her in your hat. Dress warm though it's cold up there this time of year.

JPBon

This is when your stock code should actually be a reference number as to where the thing is stored.

mellowred
This is when your stock code should actually be a reference number as to where the thing is stored.

JP, you are just too organised ... you should be Libra :toung:.

We have an attic and I'm planning moving the stuff up in marked boxes. Will be good exercise going up and down the narrow stairs. That is if/when I get it listed and ever sell anything .... LOL

wayjen

Don't make me get on my Soapbox and start preaching the gospel of BoB.

mellowred

your gospel of BoB is the best ever, but as with all gospels ... doing as you should is not always easy. :embarrest:

JPBon

We have an attic and I'm planning moving the stuff up in marked boxes. Will be good exercise going up and down the narrow stairs. That is if/when I get it listed and ever sell anything .... LOL

Mellow I have run huge warehouses in my time, one of them was full of screws and small items, it was the only way of finding anything.

voldermort

Funnily enough i am a libra........but still prefer my homemade staircases though. in any event its way too difficult, after referencing everything and packing it where you assume it to be, to walk into the bathroom and see dimitri or jade lying back reading in the bubbly bath and saying "look at this really interesting book i found in the box under the table, there was a piece of paper in it, but dont worry, i flushed it down the toilet" etc etc.......sort of leaves all your referencing in tatters :wink:

wayjen

ha ha ha

mellowred
Funnily enough i am a libra........but still prefer my homemade staircases though. in any event its way too difficult, after referencing everything and packing it where you assume it to be, to walk into the bathroom and see dimitri or jade lying back reading in the bubbly bath and saying "look at this really interesting book i found in the box under the table, there was a piece of paper in it, but dont worry, i flushed it down the toilet" etc etc.......sort of leaves all your referencing in tatters :wink:

A late friend of mine was a Libra (in fact all but one of my female friends are Libra :wtf:) she spent so much time organising that I don't know if she found time to do whatever project she was busy with :smile:. Another two carry everything you could possibly need in their very organised handbags ... one even carries a screwdriver(?) This could explain why we are attracted as friends - as a scatterbrained Sag I don't even have a handbag and sometimes need whatever it is they are carrying - as Libras they enjoy helping me out of my chaos :nuts:.

As to your books in the bath ... Hennie (Pisces) is always carting stuff about to places he thinks are the best ... needless to say, his logic and mine are poles apart.

StudMuffinsMissus

resurrecting an old thread but...

I've been here as a buyer for a few years and have thought about selling. Might as well turn this BoB addiction into making money instead of spending it! I've left my permanent position & now have the time on my hands to start selling...but what :unsure:? Buying privately for resale or selling craft items? I'm ready for the hard work. Guess a start would be to check the "searched for" items. Hmmm...

Vegar

I suggest you start with what you've got lying about. Collectables are good. Vintage oddities etc. Get some experience packaging, communicating with buyers, shipping and see what kind of feedback you get.

Finding a niche is getting harder, competing with sellers who have established contacts for sourcing merchandise is tough - so it really is hard work!

Remember: EVERYTHING sells! Be absolutely open and honest in your descriptions and make sure the sold item gets to the client in the same condition it left you.

Follow the rules and you can't fail!

Good luck and much enjoyment!

lilythepink

@p850 - follow Vegar's advice, it's good.

There is nothing more exciting than your first sale on BoB, even if it isn't a mammoth amount. After that the bug will have bitten ...

I wish you luck and happiness along the way!

booksallsizes
A late friend of mine was a Libra (in fact all but one of my female friends are Libra :wtf:) she spent so much time organising that I don't know if she found time to do whatever project she was busy with :smile:. Another two carry everything you could possibly need in their very organised handbags ... one even carries a screwdriver(?) This could explain why we are attracted as friends - as a scatterbrained Sag I don't even have a handbag and sometimes need whatever it is they are carrying - as Libras they enjoy helping me out of my chaos :nuts:.

Good grief - I'm Libra and couldn't organise a proverbial p@#% up in a brewery. But I do spend way too much time trying to organise things. My other half describes it as "shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic". And he dares not put his hand in my handbag - he says that things try grab him and pull him in....