Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Hard work is needed to sell on Bid or Buy or is it?

Little Miss Muffet

Thanks Wayne.Goodbye!!

Little Miss Muffet
Cape Town is full of markets - on a weekend if you see cars parked on the paving you know there is a market around the corner.

And the Milnerton weekend market is 2km of stalls heaped with junk and treasures - it is like sifting through a big garbage bin and anything that glitters IS gold!

Markets (African Art, Talent exchange, Holistic, crafts ...), auction houses, deceased estates, church bazaars, charity shops, second hand shops, sales and liquidations - lots of pickings!

Sometimes I wonder how many times an old heirloom has been sold and resold ...:laugh: The best kind of recycling!

I followed all these sources for 20 years.

The pickings are few and far between. Auctions!! never prices go too high.

I prefer to buy privately and believe I talk from experiance.

Jacques Kuun

Hello all

Selling on BoB is not only hard work. It is also a full-time commitment. Or am I stating the obvious?

Regards

Jacques

JPBon

As someone who traded at craft markets for some 20 years, most of them have died as far as sellers are concerned. I gave up last year when sales were at about 2,5% of what they were in their peak. Unfortunately some markets were reliant on tourist trade as well, but as most tour operators are corrupt to say the least they only take the tourists where they get a nice kickback. (some of my stuff still goes to market weekly with my other half)

Vegar

I really enjoy the markets - I find it great fun and fortunately so does Hubby - he got himself a beautiful collection of 8mm movie cameras over the years.

I do not live from BoB - I have 3 other businesess for income purposes - I use the money for luxuries like my Royal Copenhagen collection or spending money for travel :grin:

wayjen
I really enjoy the markets - I find it great fun and fortunately so does Hubby - he got himself a beautiful collection of 8mm movie cameras over the years.

I do not live from BoB - I have 3 other businesess for income purposes - I use the money for luxuries like my Royal Copenhagen collection or spending money for travel :grin:

I worked 10 years for a boss and in 2009 i found out the hard way that he was a crook and one of our dreams was to be able to put money away so we can travel but now I have to pay the bills instead.

Vegar
I worked 10 years for a boss and in 2009 i found out the hard way that he was a crook and one of our dreams was to be able to put money away so we can travel but now I have to pay the bills instead.

I realized along time ago that working for myself is the only way to go.

Selling on BoB does give you control over your income - as you said - hard work pays!

It is also a great part time job with flexi hours!

Vegar

I think that advertising your items right here really pays off :awesome:

WAY TO GO LILY ! You might get a wine basket for R 1 ... and I promise you a nice one at that !!! :grin:

wayjen
I think that advertising your items right here really pays off :awesome:

WAY TO GO LILY ! You might get a wine basket for R 1 ... and I promise you a nice one at that !!! :grin:

oh yes it does for sure.

Guest Guest
Geewhizz said: Auctions!! never prices go too high...

:thinking:...

View Bigger Image

bidorbuy ID: 33638071

Indicative Market Price: R390.00

1x1_trans.gif

Winning Bid: R411.00 (No Reserve)

Closed: 2 Mar 23:06:38

Sellers Product Code NB74943PE

Recent Ratings

Well, I saw that a few days ago... There are more on BOB. :biggrin:

Vegar
:thinking:...

Well, I saw that a few days ago... There are more on BOB. :biggrin:

Have a look at the bottom picture of this listing - a CARAVAN PANOPTICON !!! Hilarious!!!

Guest Guest
Have a look at the bottom picture of this listing - a CARAVAN PANOPTICON !!! Hilarious!!!

Hello Vegar

I know... I also think it's so original! Love it!

What she actually say (I think.) is that you will get - far more than you can expect. [That's a fact.]

Her "goodies" are so lovely man! I'm a regular climber on that long ladder to her caravan...

Sounds a bit odd... :thinking:... :embarrest:

Edited by Edmund1000
s

Guest Guest
Do you think that if you sit back and refresh your sales page all day you will hit the jackpot and have some sales? ... you need to keep posting items ... Finding items to list on Bid or Buy need not cost you an arm and a leg and it should not as you can get items from anywhere and anyone if you go out and do some leg work instead of watching the monitor for that sale.

Wayjen, very very true. I have taken this as a life lesson and philosophy, and today for one I have so many auctions being bid on I cant keep up. We should stop refreshing and keep on listing more

wayjen
Wayjen, very very true. I have taken this as a life lesson and philosophy, and today for one I have so many auctions being bid on I cant keep up. We should stop refreshing and keep on listing more

Glad to hear that.

Guest Guest

Hi Wayne!

Trust you are all well.

Regardless of this seller's exposed mistakes, I think this is a trend setting, brilliant move!

Wat dink jy daarvan?

Blessings!

PS & NB! They have even outsmarted BOB! There is NO; "Spot any problem..." on that page!...

Very, very sly seller indeed...!!! Look how he/she/they blatantly tries to "swindle" BOB-users... : They say: "Pick from millions of items from www.lootingBOB.co.za on bidorbuy or have a look on the www.lootingBOB.co.za website."

PPS ....\:blink:/....

Edited by Edmund1000
Very Sly seller indeed...!!!

wayjen

yeah I see that little address n the listing.I thought that was illegal so lets see what happens.

Guest Guest

There is NO; "Spot any problem..." on that page...

See there is a "Spot-a-problem" today. :smile1:

Edited by Edmund1000
Fixed quote...

wayjen

you report them?

Seeds for Africa
Hi Wayne!

Trust you are all well.

Regardless of this seller's exposed mistakes, I think this is a trend setting, brilliant move!

Wat dink jy daarvan?

Blessings!

PS & NB! They have even outsmarted BOB! There is NO; "Spot any problem..." on that page!...

Very, very sly seller indeed...!!! Look how he/she/they blatantly tries to "swindle" BOB-users... : They say: "Pick from millions of items from www.lootingBOB.co.za on bidorbuy or have a look on the www.lootingBOB.co.za website."

PPS ....\:blink:/....

From my experience the bob deal of the week team actually prepare and load these listings, hence they must already be aware of this.

lilythepink

When I try to go to the listing http://www.lootingBOB.co.za my search engine can't find it! Has it disappeared into the ether capacious or is it my computer?

wayjen

yeah does not come up with me either.

Guest Guest
you report them?

Hi!

Yes.

PS By the way... the website is loot.co...., not " www.lootingbob.co.za " \:biggrin:/ "Sorry"...! I normally alter that tempting info to what it really boils down to... : Stealing from a cyberspace landlord... (A word I created just now ~LOL~)

wayjen

ha ha ha sneaky.

qball
Hi!

Yes.

PS By the way... the website is loot.co...., not " www.lootingbob.co.za " \:biggrin:/ "Sorry"...! I normally alter that tempting info to what it really boils down to... : Stealing from a cyberspace landlord... (A word I created just now ~LOL~)

Sorry to do this, but the Deal of the Week is organised and set up by our category managers, Loot have not done this, we have set this up...

Guest Guest

That's not too bright of them, is it...? :amuse:

PS Sorry "loot" - your name has an odd ring to it. LOL. You must be very happy with that BOB-approved, "inside-job" touch... :smile:

Edited by Edmund1000
PS