Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

R1 auctions

lilythepink
Hmmmmm.... I think I might just accept. This flat of mine is getting empty.

MrAerospace and I will make you welcome! Ask JP!! lol

Seeds for Africa

Don't worry - another bottle on next week - Mumm Champagne!!!!

I expect some support from my regular bidders!!!!!

Libertas Computers

I'm in 2 minds here.. I really wouldn't mind the wing over my head, but Mac and all the others will see the plan right through us, they'll know were bidding on the bottle of Mumm to help Grant.. Hmmmmmm... What to do.

Seeds for Africa

Hi Fred. How did you end up on the price obtained on the hard drive after paying the enhanced listing fees?

Libertas Computers

Ended up losing out, but I would've lost even if I didn't have all the extra fees, so I might have saved a bit. But it was a fun experience for me. Now I'm just hoping the seller places the order in time.. (this is something I'll get into later, but if you know you've won an auction, why don't you place the order within 24hours? I normally end up watching items I bid on until the last second and place the order and pay as soon as it ends (ask gheewizz). Maybe it's just my logic, but I don't understand how it can take 5 days sometimes. I think I might also adopt a 24 hours to pay condition on my items)

Seeds for Africa
Ended up losing out, but I would've lost even if I didn't have all the extra fees, so I might have saved a bit. But it was a fun experience for me. Now I'm just hoping the seller places the order in time.. (this is something I'll get into later, but if you know you've won an auction, why don't you place the order within 24hours? I normally end up watching items I bid on until the last second and place the order and pay as soon as it ends (ask gheewizz). Maybe it's just my logic, but I don't understand how it can take 5 days sometimes. I think I might also adopt a 24 hours to pay condition on my items)

You are speaking to the converted. I think 24hrs is a bit harsh, and you may not get support from bob. I would set terms as I have done at 48hrs. If people pay late now, I am cancelling, advising them and if they still pay deducting 10% of the payment plus bank charges and returning it. Agreed, very frustrating. You may want to try some lower priced things that are popular to get a good feel for it. Just my thoughts.

Libertas Computers
You are speaking to the converted. I think 24hrs is a bit harsh, and you may not get support from bob. I would set terms as I have done at 48hrs. If people pay late now, I am cancelling, advising them and if they still pay deducting 10% of the payment plus bank charges and returning it. Agreed, very frustrating. You may want to try some lower priced things that are popular to get a good feel for it. Just my thoughts.

My apologies, I meant 48hours, been a long day..

I actually saw that 1Tb externals are performing a lot better and most of my order are for 1Tb ones (they also have a less than double cost price).. I'm considering putting one up again next week for a 1Tb, but without the highlight, I could barely see it.. I'll let you know about this :weeabooface:

mellowred

I agree with what Lily said about the early listing. I have never done well on R1 auctions, but the exposure for other items makes up for it. I find it best not to list lower priced items on the crazies. Rather pick something that you know has a higher collectors value. But there is always the risk that it will go for R1 and you have to accept that.

I made the mistake of listing regular books on the R1 - they went for R1 :mad::nuts:

Seeds for Africa

Ooops mistake.