Sign in to follow this  
Cold Sea

Chelsea Flower Show

Cold Sea    0
Cold Sea

Read somewhere that the Western Cape Government and SA Gold Coin Exchange have saved the day for the Kirstenbosch exhibit at the Chelsea flower show with a public/private sponsorship. Good to know that they are giving back a little, as I am sure they have managed to turn a small profit on the Protea series. Our decimal coins have a tradition of flower designs, and numis should be proud to be a part of the Chelsea heritage.

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

I agree with you - it would be such a pity if Kirstenbosch were unable to exhibit at this year's Chelsea Flower Show. Hats off to their sponsors and I hope they have a prize-winning stand again!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

FANTASTIC! Hip, hip hurrah! Congratulations to all concerned.

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Absolutely makes me proud to call myself a South African once again! Thanks Kirstenbosch and all the hard working botanical employees we are proud of you!!!!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

K'bosch really have pulled the rabbit out of the hat so many times with this show. Very thrilled they have managed it again. Thousands of hours of preparation go into this and the organisers and team must be thrilled (and exhausted!). Despite being a team effort, the creativity of David Davidson is quite something. He has been involved for as long as I can remember and his ability to pull off these sorts of displays is quite remarkable.