Sign in to follow this  
AManAPlan

Price comparison

AManAPlan    10
AManAPlan

Here are 3 identical items for more and less the same price from 3 different sellers. All sellers are from JHB and yet the end price differs due.

Other Accessories - BlackBerry Torch 9800 Charging Pod for sale in Johannesburg (ID:31660271)

Data Cables - RIM® BlackBerry Torch 9800 Desktop Charging Pod for sale (ID:32447144)

Data Cables - BlackBerry 9800 Charging Pod for sale in Johannesburg (ID:31136361)

Surely the R35 for postage from Expansys is a reasonable amount?

Placed my order. No wonder Expansys have double the ratings in relating to the other sellers.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think any sensible buyer will support sellers who charge realistic postage/shipping fees. And, yes, this could be a reason why Expansys have such excellent ratings! They are clearly not trying to "dupe" buyers.

donovink    10
donovink

Interesting to see that shopandship and MyBerry are the same seller, (See the Q&A for MyBerry) yet have different postage charges. As far as I understand, if you have two accounts (with BoB's permission) you couldn't sell the same items!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Interesting to see that shopandship and MyBerry are the same seller, (See the Q&A for MyBerry) yet have different postage charges. As far as I understand, if you have two accounts (with BoB's permission) you couldn't sell the same items!

That's the way I understand it, too. You're a good PI, donovink! :grin:

brands online    10
brands online

That is the rule of thumb, but it isn't something BOB seems to monitor. Quite a few who have this 'privelege' sell the same items on both accounts.

qball    11
qball

Please note, these are separately registered companies (from a tradefeed partner). We may, at our discretion, permit this based on our internal criteria.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Cuan, with great respect, I don't know if I'm the only one but I find it difficult to understand how all the rules pertain to certain people and others have far more leeway. I realise that your tradefeed partners are important to BoB but so are the majority of smaller sellers, I would hope.

Edited by lilythepink

qball    11
qball

Trade Feed partners are often established, reputable online retailers. Again, it is at bidorbuy's discretion as to who we allow to have more than one account. This particular instance is that the trade feed partner gives us 2 individual /separate feeds as this is 2 distinct business entities, so logistically this is the best way to do it as these are 2 separate websites that we get a feed from, we can't combine the two.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I don't understand too much about it all but I will bow to your superior knowledge, Cuan. Thanks for responding.

Kit W    10
Kit W
Cuan, with great respect, I don't know if I'm the only one but I find it difficult to understand how all the rules pertain to certain people and others have far more leeway. I realise that your tradefeed partners are important to BoB but so are the majority of smaller sellers, I would hope.

Hi lily

It is a question of who is generating all the $$$ - in the past a whole lot has been said about certain sellers with a lot of negative ratings but because of the sheer volume of items that are sold they are "untouchable". These opinions are all documented on the forum by many buyers and in a certain case we were instructed NOT to have any input to the thread unless you actually won items from this "overseas" seller, who, had endless problems shipping items. Why then do we bother with these issues if we are not allowed our freedom of expression? You mentioned the importance of the smaller seller - by now you must know the answer to your question

My opinion, which I am entitled to express

Regards

Kit

qball    11
qball

H Kit

I am sorry to hear that your opinion has not been taken into consideration, we do have the right to edit, remove, disagree and make decisions that may or may not be to your liking... as dicussed ad nausea, we look at a whole lot of factors, not just your opinion or "take" on the situation. The seller in this thread has almost 100% ratings on both accounts, and from a technical point of view we decided to keep the 2 separate - I am sorry you disagree with this and yes, it is about the money, after all, without the money there would be no bidorbuy... come on guys... let's keep it real! This thread is not about an overseas seller, it about another seller, who has an almost flawless record, but due to the trade feed issues we have decided to keep the account separate, which we are entitled to do... let's stick to topic at hand and not let our personal emotions and feelings turn this into a mudslinging match (even if you disagree with us) :wink:

Wow, I let you have your say, I didn't remove your post or blacklist you... I must have a heart!?:amuse:

Regards

Cuan

kyle2    10
kyle2

And the thread is still open!

Who are you and what have you done with Qball?:huh:

:rolleyes:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
And the thread is still open!

Who are you and what have you done with Qball?:huh:

:rolleyes:

I'm praying he doesn't suffer from a heart attack! LOL Cuan are you okay? :wink:

qball    11
qball

I am feeling a little light headed...:grin:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hope your litter box is clean! :grin:

JPBon    10
JPBon

Its caused by that plant growing in the IT office.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Its caused by that plant growing in the IT office.

Are you implying that Cuan has recently visited High Street in Grahamstown? What next? :wondering:

qball    11
qball

Mac cleaned out the litter box, and the "pot" plant in my office is for medicinal use only!

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
Mac cleaned out the litter box, and the "pot" plant in my office is for medicinal use only!

That cant be the good stuff-Cuan would have had a full head of dreadlocks if it was.:worried::laugh:

qball    11
qball

If only Neil! :idea:

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip
If only Neil!

This thread wants to start looking like the slight edging towards legalising the sale of ''pot'' plants on Bid or Buy (for medicinal use only) :nuts:

WE could have another locked thread stating ''Seller authorised to ..... - Only Cuan may post here"":idea:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

That's a good idea, now! I know where two healthy plants can be located! But Cuan already has a "pot" plant and a litter box so I doubt he'll need any more stoking up! :grin:

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers
This thread wants to start looking like the slight edging towards legalising the sale of ''pot'' plants on Bid or Buy (for medicinal use only) :nuts:

WE could have another locked thread stating ''Seller authorised to ..... - Only Cuan may post here"":idea:

Hehehe.. Waiting for that to happen!

brands online    10
brands online

Seems like there's a whole lot of 'bud'dies here. Just remember, sharing is caring...

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
That's a good idea, now! I know where two healthy plants can be located! But Cuan already has a "pot" plant and a litter box so I doubt he'll need any more stoking up! :grin:

The plants surely cant still be there - in a town with students???