Sign in to follow this  
orangel4z4r

What's a personal offer?

orangel4z4r

Hey all... Just wanting to know...

What is a personal offer and what does it do?

Thanks guys.

Wild Olive Art

Once an Auction has closed, a Seller can offer the same item to runner up bidders for the same price as that bidder's highest bid. The Buyer can accept or reject the personal offer and the Seller can also set an expiry date at which time the personal offer will close if the Buyer has not yet responded. Note that personal offers are only available to advanced sellers.

orangel4z4r

lilythepink

I think it is only verified sellers who are permitted to make personal offers, though! (A verified seller is an "advanced" seller, just for clarification!)

Guest Guest

I had a guy that won 1 of 5 items. His bid is the highest. The other 4 bids are lower, that other bidders won. I want to make the guy a personal offer. But it won't. Please help. I've got plenty of the items left.

brands online
I had a guy that won 1 of 5 items. His bid is the highest. The other 4 bids are lower, that other bidders won. I want to make the guy a personal offer. But it won't. Please help. I've got plenty of the items left.

If the initial guy won 1 of 5 items, then the runners-up would have won the rest at the lower bids. Hence, if there were 4 runners-up with quantities of 1 each, all the items on offer would be sold and there would be none to offer. You would have to offer it to him in an email and then open a BUY NOW. I stand to be corrected, but I think that's about the only way...

Guest Guest

it looks like it ya. he shoulda bid on more than one if he wanted more

Digitrade
I think it is only verified sellers who are permitted to make personal offers, though!

I am not verified and I make personal offers to buyers.

brands online
it looks like it ya. he shoulda bid on more than one if he wanted more

Maybe he'll mail you saying he wants more, then you can always open a Buy Now for him :wink:

voldermort
I am not verified and I make personal offers to buyers.

correct.......personal offers are not just for verified sellers but for any seller.

admin

Hi icey100,

If I understand correctly, you want to make a personal offer to one of the winners of your auction, should that be the case, you can only make a personal offer to the runner-up(s) that did not win one of the items.

Guest Guest

okay admin that sounds logical but what happens if some runners up dont pay for example, should i go through the whole thing of relisting the items for mr. winner or is there a way to make it a personal offer, suppose not