Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Credit Card Payments on Paypal

Seeds for Africa

Can anyone give me some feedback.

I dont offer bob credit card payments. I do offer credit card payments through paypal.

What happens if a buyer who does not have a paypal account opts to pay with their card through paypal? Do they have to register an account first or do they just make the credit card payment to paypal who then credit me? I am asking as I have two buyers who elected paypal as a payment option using a credit card. The payments are pending. Any idea how long this takes?

Would appreciate some feedback.

Grant

Reynet Trading

I can be wrong, but as I can remember they will be able to make a credit card payment through paypal without opening a account. BoB will redirect them to a paypal page where they can log in or make a credit card payment.

BMW_M3_CSL

Just very careful of credit card payments as these can be reversed within 55 days if the card is found to be stolen or if buyer decides against the sale.

Seeds for Africa

Can paypal credit card payments be reversed? I understood that they can't be reversed, as you are immediately credited in your paypal acct and can make immediate use of those funds ?

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Grant

Yes they can be reversed if the buyer appeals through Paypal.

I know of alot of overseas sellers who have been burnt like this by dishonest buyers.

Seeds for Africa
Hi Grant

Yes they can be reversed if the buyer appeals through Paypal.

I know of alot of overseas sellers who have been burnt like this by dishonest buyers.

No, I have checked on this. they cant, as there is NO buyer protection offerred when they purchase from me. Plus I spend the Paypal funds before I ship, so I wonder how Paypal would deal with that one?

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Grant

Have you read through Paypal's documentation?

As I remember from when I opened my Paypal account, any buyer can put a claim through that they didn't get the item or it wasnt decent quality, etc.

In those cases Paypal will refund them.

If your funds go into the negative due to you withdrawing everything from Paypal and there's a chargeback, they can close your Paypal account and its virtually impossible to get it open again.

I've read alot of horror stories from overseas internet marketers about this, I've read that it can take up to a year to get it open again.