Sign in to follow this  
donovink

Multiple bids at R1.00 on single item auction

donovink    10
donovink

Just saw this single item was a hot selling item when only at R1.00.

It's a single item auction with two bidders at R1.00. It seems as if the bids were placed at the same time so were accepted by the system. I doubt the item will only sell for R1.00 but this could cause untold problems for sellers if they do sell one item to numerous bidders.

The item: Other South African - 1995 Rugby World Cup Collectors Pack for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:33915256)

Because it will probably change, these are screenshots of the item and the bids at 09h13 this morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1258[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1259[/ATTACH]

qball    11
qball

Thanks, the IT team will investigate this.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Both bidders bid at exactly the same time (to the milisecond - what are the chances of this?) and used auto-bids as well thereafter. This levelled out eventually with the autobids coming in. In the case of autobids the system would initially show multiple parties winning, but the autobids level this out (i.e. whoever has the highest autobid limit will rank up).

donovink    10
donovink

Agree that the chances of this happening often are not likely. As I said earlier, the item would be bid higher than the initial R1.00 but what would happen in the case that 2 bids of only R1.00 with no auto bids were placed at exactly the same time and no further bids came in. Would there then be 2 winners at R1.00 for the one item as one can't out rank the other?

Just curious! I'm sure the chances of that happening would be even less likely.