Sign in to follow this  
pc12

Seller negative feedback

pc12    10
pc12

My wife bought a painting from this guy. She did receive it but the picture posted on the ad and what she got was very very different, The picture had vibrant colors but the canvas she got was dull and there were obvious differences to the picture. She neg rep'ed the seller (his first out of 89) and was going to change that once he corrected the irregularities.

She got a call from him and he started screaming at her over the phone, what was said exactly I do not know but as I understand it it was a pretty one sided conversation. She told him, while he was ranting away that she is going to hang up and did. He refuses to answer his phone now when she tries to call him, hoping that he'd calm down by now.

Now he also negative rep'ed her and make out like she is the bad person here!!! How does that work?!?!? Do I report this jerk to BoB or what?!?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi, yes you can appeal the rating.

Send BoB a photo of the painting you have so that they can compare it to the listing.

Also state that the seller revenge-rated you and give the details of the telephone call.

You can contact them at hello@bidorbuy.co.za

kyle2    10
kyle2

You really should have tried the communication route first, by contacting the seller and trying to resolve the matter, next would have been to contact BoB directly to try and mediate between you two, and Finally if all else fails then give a negative rating.

The problem is that sellers and buyers are pretty pasionate about their status on Bob and to change that for them is quite damaging to ego's and feelings.

Not sure if you are going to resolve this now, however, the seller May Not give a revenge rating at all and you can report him to BoB with all the details relating to this incident.

I hope this helps.:worried:

pc12    10
pc12

Thanx for the info. It sounds to me like he was not interested in talking, my wife says she feels violated over the phone so I would imagine this guy went really ballistic in the conversation. She might have waited a little with the neg rep maybe but she's still a BoB n00b so all a learning experience.

Edited by pc12

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

If we buy something from anyone offline we have no option but to communicate with the seller via a telephone call or in person.

This is the way we should treat online buying instead of pushing that negative button.

Often the seller will resolve the matter amicably if a friendly phone call is made to voice your dissatisfaction.

Ratings are a neccessary evil!!

pc12    10
pc12

Hmmm, BoB now removed his negative rating and left my wife's in place. This without contacting her for her input, they just accepted his sob and bull story obviously. She did took photos of the paintinng and it's faults last night and emailed the seller before contacting BoB for a resolution. He simply send an email back claiming she slammed the phone down in his ear and nothing else. He conveniently left out the bit where he verbally assaulted her over the phone.

Not a very good experience thus far :hm:

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

Your wife should appeal the negative rating she has been given and explain to BOB that this was a revenge rating given by the seller in response to the negative rating she gave him.

Email BOB a photo of the painting as Tananka suggests. If the seller has sent you an inferior painting and will not resolve the issue , he deserves a negative rating ! It's nonsense that the negative rating gets removed if the buyer had due cause for rating negatively !

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Hmmm, BoB now removed his negative rating and left my wife's in place. This without contacting her for her input, they just accepted his sob and bull story obviously. She did took photos of the paintinng and it's faults last night and emailed the seller before contacting BoB for a resolution. He simply send an email back claiming she slammed the phone down in his ear and nothing else. He conveniently left out the bit where he verbally assaulted her over the phone.

Not a very good experience thus far :hm:

I am pretty sure that Bob will resolve this when presented with a) The advert and b) A clearly differnt item received. They are very good at resolving issues.