Sign in to follow this  
brands online

BobPay a problem???

brands online    10
brands online

BobPay Eft payouts seem to be an endless problem. Yesterday was around the fifth time since it's inception that a a request for payout wasn't completed. After calling BOB and suggesting some sort of communication from them, received a mail around 14h00 yesterday saying it was Nedbank's fault. Whatever...

Today... still no payouts. How long before this is sorted... for good?

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

Some problems comes from the banks, (very often lately) and nothing BOB can do about it.

Can't blame them.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Payouts had been processed with Nedbank timeously on Monday (about 4 hours before the cutoff). Our payouts went through Nedbank successfully and we only learned yesterday morning that Nedbank did not process some transactions but they have been busy since yesterday morning, trying to resolve those issues.

It is equally frustrating from our part, as we literally just hit a button to process payout requests and then it's over to the bank's payment processing to handle those transactions. We only learned Tuesday morning that a number of transactions "had been reversed" by Nedbank - there has been no explanation about why this has happened and we can only assume that it is a system glitch on Nedbanks part, as our payout requests completed without errors the previous day.

Lately there seem to be lots of new problems with Absa (after they changed their internet banking), Nedbank, FNB. Standard Bank has had ongoing issues since September last year. There is really not much we can do about it, banks are shockingly ignorant and arrogant and quickly discard any complaints.

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Hi Mac Muffin, Please keep us updated on the progress here as I am still waiting for the previous payout and would appreciate knowing when min of meer I can expect these funds, as I only use BoB Pay, running funds are affected dramatically and I need to know what I am dealing with.

Regards,

Landi

SProducts    10
SProducts

I believe its the banks fault, Nedbank. I noticed on Monday I tried logging in and the system couldnt log me in and error was "there are to many users connected to internet banking"

My payout was processed successfully, the money came in on Monday. On Tuesday morning I find out the payment has been revsersed. So its definately the Nedbank, they need some IT minds to beef up their systems. Its outdated and not user-friendly, on FNB internet banking you can do almost anything including administration tasks for your account but on Nedbank you have to go to the branch to even increase a payment limit which you can easily do on FNB.

retailrush    10
retailrush

We also bank with Nedbank and yesterday when checking the balances on all our accounts linked to internet banking the balance for the bond stated "not applicable" - I just wish that were true!!! :biggrin: It's all back to normal today though!

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We had a conf-call with them at 10am and they are processing payments. This was the same sentiment we got from them yesterday. I would personally urge you to complain directly to Nedbank and also insist that payments need to be backdated as well as any cost (such as unpaid fees) should be reversed.

If you bank with another bank and your payment reflected and got reversed, I would ensure that your bank does not charge you for unpaid fees. This is really messy at the moment and Nedbank has been horrible in resolving this issue.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I had to make an urgent payment via Nedbank on Monday and their site was down for ages with one error or another! Eventually used the old site (which closed 1 March) and did the payment. Thankfully no debit orders on that account (yet) so no additional hassles.

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Should I be affected if I am with ABSA?

SProducts    10
SProducts
We had a conf-call with them at 10am and they are processing payments. This was the same sentiment we got from them yesterday. I would personally urge you to complain directly to Nedbank and also insist that payments need to be backdated as well as any cost (such as unpaid fees) should be reversed.

If you bank with another bank and your payment reflected and got reversed, I would ensure that your bank does not charge you for unpaid fees. This is really messy at the moment and Nedbank has been horrible in resolving this issue.

I think its better to get to the branch and speak to someone so this is sorted. The payment is still not in my account and its irritating.

Can you believe a BobPay payout I did yesterday did come through today and the one for Monday that was reversed is still not there? Maybe they will also reverse this recent payment again tonight.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
I think its better to get to the branch and speak to someone so this is sorted. The payment is still not in my account and its irritating.

Can you believe a BobPay payout I did yesterday did come through today and the one for Monday that was reversed is still not there? Maybe they will also reverse this recent payment again tonight.

We got confirmation that Nedbank was processing payments this afternoon. Nedbank will also provide a full letter of apology - I don't think it's worth anything considering their shoddy service in this regard, but sadly a few bobbers believe that we held on to their money on purpose.

We hope that a reoccurrence of such a glitch does not happen with Nedbank and they have now implemented the necessary procedures. I am sure that some of you have been inconvenienced by this in one way or another and I would urge you to seek recourse from Nedbank. If you bank directly with them demand any fees incurred to be reversed and ensure that payments are back-dated.

I doubt that you will have the same type of leverage if you bank with any of the other banks. In all cases I would still post a message on Hellopeter.com as Nedbank is a company responding to complaints and this becomes very visible.

The management team will still send out a formal notification to all sellers affected. Once again - apologies for this unfortunate event, and frustratingly we could not influence/rectify this situation.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Possibly a bit off the track here but can bob comment on payment confirmations. I have had 2 customers who say they have paid through bob pay, and I only got the receipt up to 2 days later. I contacted customer service and was told its the banks fault. It certainly wasnt my customers as they entered the refernce 100% correctly. I made two purchases using Standard Bank Bobpay ex mt Std bank acct. The one was paid on Sunday and confirmation came through Tuesday. The other was paid Tuesday and came through Wednesday.

This has caused friction as buyers have paid and when paying they are told " There is no need to send proof of payment however you may need this in case there are any problems." So as far as they are concerned they have paid yet I have no proof that they have and cant ship. See the problem?

I have had to now email customers when payments are made saying that "Due to late notifications for Bob pay payments, I would request that if the order is urgent that the buyer emails a copy to me".

Any comments?

Grant

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

@Grant - we have experienced our fair share of problems with banks from December last year. We know that at the moment SBSA is probably the worst to deal with when it comes EFT payments. I watched my wife do a bobPay the other day from her SBSA account to bidorbuy's SBSA account and a transaction like this should clear almost instantly took 36 (!) hours to reflect in bidorbuy accounts.

Interbank transfers are worse, but with bobPay you transfer into the same bank-account you transact with and as such payments should reflect instantly.

I am starting to have a theory, that especially our latest Nedbank issue is related to 28th February (as all payments before and afterwards worked fine). If you hop over to HelloPeter and search for any of the big banks you will find utter mayhem (double debits, reversals, funds not clearing, balances not reflecting).

We have direct contact with the banks and raise those issues with them, but all seems to fall on deaf ears - it's quite disgusting watching those poor service levels and still having to pay for it.

To a degree I am glad that I just owe a lot of money (and I am ever hopeful that one of their glitches will just zero out my debt).

amcintyre    10
amcintyre
We know that at the moment SBSA is probably the worst to deal with when it comes EFT payments. I watched my wife do a bobPay the other day from her SBSA account to bidorbuy's SBSA account and a transaction like this should clear almost instantly took 36 (!) hours to reflect in bidorbuy accounts.

Standard Bank is definately worse! They take up to two full working days before the money is reflected in the other person's account. I also thought that it was a BOBPay fault, initially. Since December last year, Std Bank has become much less efficient with their EFT payments. :sad2:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I absolutely agree with comments about the shoddy service being provided by Standard Bank SA. I just wish the SA Reserve Bank would step in and force this bank to act ethically, especially when it comes to transfers (which they often only reflect two or three days after someone has made payment!) Indeed, an inter-account transfer with Standard sometimes takes up to 48 hours to reflect in another account. I mean really - if I transfer from one account into my second account, surely this should be an immediate transaction? And let's not talk about the ridiculous fees which Standard are charging us this year ...!

JPBon    10
JPBon
Standard Bank is definately worse! They take up to two full working days before the money is reflected in the other person's account. I also thought that it was a BOBPay fault, initially. Since December last year, Std Bank has become much less efficient with their EFT payments. :sad2:

They have always been the worst bank by far, how no one has ever taken them to task over their slogans I do not know.

I was once forcibly removed from a branch after screaming my head off to get some service.

Btw Try capitec they are great.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

One more thing - one would think that banks prepare for this (we had the same issue middle of December when companies paid bonuses and salaries at the same time):

The beginning of this week was a bad time for the banks and this time, it seems no bank was immune. Both ABSA and Nedbank's internet banking service was unavailable or wholly unreliable for most of Monday and part of Tuesday. Standard Bank had their normal crappy month end processing problems.

The problem was due to everyone being paid on Friday, but only spending it on Monday (28th Feb). Monday is normally the busiest day transaction wise and this last Monday was just a quadruple whammy due to being a Monday, the 1st working day after payday, the last day of the month as well as financial year end for most companies and people!

The transaction load was simply too much for the banks to handle which led to frequent periods of downtime on their systems and hence causing delays reflecting transactions in everyone's accounts.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
@Grant - we have experienced our fair share of problems with banks from December last year. ).

Thanks for that. I am not blaming Bob. It needs to be understood that it does create a problem between buyers and sellers because they are specifically instructed on checkout (payment section) that its not necessary to send a copy of the payment. So in my case when I had not received the bob notification that payment had been done I asked the buyer to send me a copy so I could ship. Understandably they would get frustrated by this as one minute they are told a copy of the payment is not necessary and then they are told it is. I wont be wasting my time going to complain about the banks @ hello peter. The banks are shocking!

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
They have always been the worst bank by far, how no one has ever taken them to task over their slogans I do not know.

I was once forcibly removed from a branch after screaming my head off to get some service.

Btw Try capitec they are great.

No I know who you are JP! I was at the bank last year when they dragged a screaming, foaming at the mouth, miscreant out of the bank!:grin:

JPBon    10
JPBon
No I know who you are JP! I was at the bank last year when they dragged a screaming, foaming at the mouth, miscreant out of the bank!:grin:

I dont even bank with them and i hate them

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I opened a Capitec account almost 2 yrs ago because Nedbank just could never seem to get their house in order !

Not only do I save a fortune on bank charges , I find them very efficient and helpful.

I receive payouts in my account within 24hrs and have never experienced a problem . When I make payments into other accounts , the payment reflects in 24 hrs - none of this waiting days nonsense. !

JPBon    10
JPBon
I opened a Capitec account almost 2 yrs ago because Nedbank just could never seem to get their house in order !

Not only do I save a fortune on bank charges , I find them very efficient and helpful.

I receive payouts in my account within 24hrs and have never experienced a problem . When I make payments into other accounts , the payment reflects in 24 hrs - none of this waiting days nonsense. !

Here here.

brands online    10
brands online

Thanks to the BOB team for the communication and feedback and emails. They are appreciated. It is however now the 4th March and the request from the 28th February does still not reflect in my bank account, nor my BOBpay account. I bank with Standard and sell on BOB. How did "I" end up having to jump on Nedbank's gums?:wondering:

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

I have still not received the payout the was processed on the 28th of Feb and am now seriously feeling the pinch, is there really NOTHING else that can be done??

I have lodged a complaint on hellopeter as advised, yet had no response and no resolution.

I need these funds.

Neux    10
Neux

This probelm is having a serious effects on our business, need to make urgent payments. (Rent, electricity, stock etc) Please can we get an update on this matter as this wait is now becoming very frustrating.