Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Shore Up SNC Time?

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I know this has been 'cussed and discussed' many times, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to locate the thread. Please accept my apologies for once again going down this 'well-traveled road'.

Is there not some way to 'shore up' or 'shorten up' the SNC time frame? I don't know about other Sellers, but I am ready to pull my hair out.

TWO auctions (different buyers) CLOSED 13 Feb 23:31. Email sent with payment options / instructions 2/14/2011 6:24:07 PM and 2/14/2011 6:31:14 PM (my time). One buyer replied within a couple of days requesting payment information...even though it was carefully noted in email sent. Copy forwarded, directing them to options / instructions in text. Second buyer sends email saying he will remit payment 'end of month' (this buyer has a current rating of -1 so I am wasn't going to 'hold my breath'). Nothing further until the 23rd and 26th when SNC's were filed. They both elect "to remit payment" in response to SNC. TODAY, they both contact BoB saying they cannot make payment as they don't have payment information and BoB sends email..."Please refer to below mail, and advise, thank you." Aaaargh! Copy of first email forwarded to each...again and email from Customer Support answered.

Doing the math...7-days from date auction closes until an SNC can be filed. Buyer has 7-days to respond to SNC. This means that if they respond on the 6th day, they are allowed an additional 7-days to remit payment. Total time: nearly 21 days product 'sits' when it could have been relisted.

(And this doesn't even begin to count the Buyers who 'hasn't completed check-out' until the 6th day and then add a possible 21 days to that....nearly a month.)

This reminds me of the old adage: "Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile".

Again, my apologies for 'beating this dead horse' one more time, but I do thank-you for allowing me to vent.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I know this has been 'cussed and discussed' many times, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to locate the thread. Please accept my apologies for once again going down this 'well-traveled road'.

Is there not some way to 'shore up' or 'shorten up' the SNC time frame? I don't know about other Sellers, but I am ready to pull my hair out.

TWO auctions (different buyers) CLOSED 13 Feb 23:31. Email sent with payment options / instructions 2/14/2011 6:24:07 PM and 2/14/2011 6:31:14 PM (my time). One buyer replied within a couple of days requesting payment information...even though it was carefully noted in email sent. Copy forwarded, directing them to options / instructions in text. Second buyer sends email saying he will remit payment 'end of month' (this buyer has a current rating of -1 so I am wasn't going to 'hold my breath'). Nothing further until the 23rd and 26th when SNC's were filed. They both elect "to remit payment" in response to SNC. TODAY, they both contact BoB saying they cannot make payment as they don't have payment information and BoB sends email..."Please refer to below mail, and advise, thank you." Aaaargh! Copy of first email forwarded to each...again and email from Customer Support answered.

Doing the math...7-days from date auction closes until an SNC can be filed. Buyer has 7-days to respond to SNC. This means that if they respond on the 6th day, they are allowed an additional 7-days to remit payment. Total time: nearly 21 days product 'sits' when it could have been relisted.

(And this doesn't even begin to count the Buyers who 'hasn't completed check-out' until the 6th day and then add a possible 21 days to that....nearly a month.)

This reminds me of the old adage: "Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile".

Again, my apologies for 'beating this dead horse' one more time, but I do thank-you for allowing me to vent.

Hi

I am pretty new to the forums so I am possibly also "beating the dead horse". I agree totally with your sentiments. I am having exactly the same issue with buyers. Apart from wasting listing fees you wait 14 days at best as you say to be refunded your sucess fees and thats if the buyer does not contest the snc. Try using the bob email system so that bob have a complete record of the emails you have sent the buyer. Bob cant then come back to you asking you to send payment details as they would have been saved on the system and bob can see that.

I have set payment terms of 48 hours. If I dont get the payment within that time, I will relist and if the buyer pays later they can have there money back less listing fees, and bank charges. Sad to have to resort to this but a reality.

Thanks

Grant