Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

New Data Package being offered by 3rd Network

Seeds for Africa

Hi

Has anyone bought the 3rd networks prepaid 21mb modem with 5 gig a mOnth of data for a year. Its 2999. Am sick of what I pay for data and this seems like a brilliant deal. And data at 5 cents a meg Sounds excellent. They say its the fastest internet connection around. Is that correct.

Some feedback from anyone who can advise me would be great.

Thks

Grant

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Grant

I don't know this company, but my ISP is cheaper than them.

I pay R189.00 for 15gigs per month.

They start at R29.00 per gig and top-ups are the same, there are certain times of the month where top-ups are 2 for 1, so you buy one Gig and get 2 Gigs.

The ISP's name is Afrihost.

Maybe you'll find them to your liking?

Seeds for Africa

Hi

Is that through your telkom line?

I have a data card as I use my pc at both my factory and home.

I am very not clued up on data etc.

Grant

Libertas Computers
I pay R189.00 for 15gigs per month.?

You're leaving out the cost of your line rental which gets added on to your land line's cost. That's about an extra R300pm.

Grant, if I am reading your post correctly you're talking about Cell C's Whoooosh promotion?

I'm on the 2Gb per month for R1499 once off. The speeds are incredible (I had MTN's before and although both states to work at 7.2mb/s, MTN's load wasn't enough)..

The 5Gb per month promotion runs at 21.6mb/s and from what I've heard it really is beyond awesome.

Just make sure that you have connectivity in your area by taking a look at the coverage map. If you want to get 21.6mb/s you have to be in the dark red area, otherwise you'll get 7.2mb/s.

If you feel like you're on the outskirts, give them a call and tell them to come test it where your computer will be.

All in all I think it's the best and easiest solution.

Fred

Seeds for Africa

Hi Fred

Was about to PM you as I knew you would know about this.

Yes in coverage area. On V Com now and very pricy. Costing me around R600 for 3 gig. Could do with extra gig as well.

Thanks kindly. I will get one.

Grant

wayjen

We were looking at this sort of thing recently but when they first talk about thousand rand this or thousand rand that I passed out from shock. BoB is good for us but not that good.

Libertas Computers

Ouch, yeah.. don't even try and stay at vcom or mtn. Last I checked they were about 2x the price.

Looking at what you're paying you'll save about R4200 per year, but almost have double the data. (Just note that the Cell C is 5Gb per month for 12 months for R2999 once off OR 5Gb per month for R299 per month -> You'll save a bit with the once off payment)

Hope this helps!

BeadsandBaubles

I am sooo jealous - went to buy the R1500 Whoosh package this month (the Modem with 2g topup per month for 12 months) and am right outside the coverage area. Not even on the border yet. So disappointing!:cry:

kebs

Hmm... Now I know I'm never moving from PE! We have a provider here - Aerosat. I paid R1500 to have a dish thingy put up, & R295 is their lowest price - unlimited data.. I'm on the R495 package which is a faster speed - also no download limit at all!! :biggrin: I tested them one month & downloaded over 35GB of data - still no extra charge. I have a router as well that they set up for me, so my laptop is also linked.. So, who wants to move to the friendly city?! :bigsmile:

Seeds for Africa
Hmm... Now I know I'm never moving from PE! We have a provider here - Aerosat. I paid R1500 to have a dish thingy put up, & R295 is their lowest price - unlimited data.. I'm on the R495 package which is a faster speed - also no download limit at all!! :biggrin: I tested them one month & downloaded over 35GB of data - still no extra charge. I have a router as well that they set up for me, so my laptop is also linked.. So, who wants to move to the friendly city?! :bigsmile:

Whats your address? Moving with 7 dogs and 5 cats :bigsmile:

kebs

Come join the madhouse! 1 dog, who isn't bothered by anything else as long as he gets his food, & at the moment, 45 snakes... I'm sure the cats & dogs will have fun here... :cool:

Libertas Computers

On my way...

kebs

Already have 1 wendy house in the garden & another being built - there's space for more!!

Libertas Computers

I just need space for my desk and laptop (my mattress can fit under my desk), so I'm willing to share..

kebs

Come one, come all!! :biggrin: