Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Insurance %

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Hi

A couple weeks ago, I bought from a seller and was charged 5% insurance. Today I was looking at an item - shipped by post office mail, and the buyer charges 3%. Is this allowed. What possible justification can be given to marking up insurance? Some comment would be appreciated.

Thanks

Grant

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This has been discussed ad nauseum on the forum and Cuan instructed us to report these sellers to communitywatch by way of the feature on the listing page!

The PO charges 2% for insurance by postal services so anyone charging more than that (unless it is by courier or some other way of sending mail) is in contravention of BoB rules and stands to be charged a penalty.

Please report to CW, Grant.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Yes.... sorry, I am sure it has been bought up a lot. I did report it through CW. What surprised me is that it is one of the top sellers. Will see what happens.

And my past experience tells me that courier is less than 2%, so if someone sends by both p o and courier - the most they will be paying is 2%.

Thks

Grant

Edited by Seeds for Africa

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Don't apologise, Grant. The forum is the place to be discussing concerns like this! lol

Just remember to contact community watch any time you see something you think is transgressing the rules. BoB appreciate the help they get from users!

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thanks Lily

I just think it is totally unfair for people to overcharge on insurance. It will catch many new unsuspecting buyers out, who dont know better.

Thanks

Grant

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Hi Grant,

My courier's insurance is also at 2% if that helps.

Fred

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:blink1:Hi, Speed Services is 1%, Post Office 2% and Couriers 2% as well, thought it would help. Normally people overcharge because they pocket the rest, i cannot think of a better excuse than that!

bitesize    10
bitesize

yeah that's not right, i state that insurance is 2% and optional. the buyer should always check the current post office rates via the website or their local post office. it's the only way you can see if the buyer is over charging.