Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Invoicing for cross border parcel - PLEASE HELP!

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Hi

Can anyone tell me what an Invoice for a parcel should look like for the border post inspection between Namibia and South Africa. The client is sending their own courier to collect but they need the Invoice for the "Border Post Inspection"? I have never made use of paperwork to send a parcel, lol, usually send the invoice online or use google docs to save it and send a customer the link for them to download themselves.

I do not have a Tax No: is this necessary? I sell primarily crafting goodies as a hobby and not enough earnings to warrant a Tax no.

I would be grateful if anyone can help out as the client has indicated a set monthly order on the product which would be a nice little monthly income for me.

Please help, if anyone has a template or something I could use. Thanks in advance.

Sandy

Sandy

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hi Sandy - just type up an invoice with your name, address and telephone numbers as a heading. Then invoice it out to the buyer with the date of the sale on it, detailing what has been sold and that payment of such-and-such amount has been made. Your invoice will need a number and you will need to issue a new invoice each time the courier picks items up from you.

This is the system I have used when sending scientific instruments to Namibia over the past 18 months - my husband makes them and I do all the admin work.

Hope this helps you.

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

@LilythePink

Cool, thanks so much. :biggrin: