Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Thanks to the forum member who notified me of illegal product - Cortaderia Selloana

Seeds for Africa

I dont normally like getting community watch emails. However in this case, it was very welcomed. Received a notification advising me that "Cortaderia Selloana" - Pampas Grass, that I had listed for sale was illegal to import and sell.I have been growing pampas in my garden for years :sad:. Added to the community watch email, the user kindly put a link to a website which showed the said banned product. Needless to say, the said seeds were destroyed.

A big thank you to the forum member who notified me! :cool:

Thanks

Grant

kebs

Curious - why would they be illegal?

Seeds for Africa

They are regarded as an invader! Essentially a noxious weed!

wayjen

jeez, that name brought back memories. I knew I had heard that name before from my youth so I google searched it and by golly we also had that in our garden as kids.

Seeds for Africa

Well, I'm from Zimbabwe so not much control over such things. I had the normal pampas. I saw a Pink Pampas, which looked great so imported some only to find out that it was illegal :sad: Check out the pink - it is stunning!

Pink Pampas

wayjen

we had the white variety in our garden. I am trying to remember if we would cut ourselves on the bottom section of the plant.

Seeds for Africa

Yes. Thats the very one. It is rather sharp when you try and pull it out easy to cut yourself on it!

wayjen

Thanks for the memories the Grant.