Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Rating Buyers

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I am sure this question has probably come up in the past so apologies if I am repeating.

I currently rate my buyers immediately I have a clear payment. I dont use neutral. Positive if paid within terms and negative if not. My feeling is that the buyers obligation in the contract is to order and make prompt payment.

Some comment would be appreciated from others. Maybe I see this too simply and that there are other factors that I should be taking into account? Sure, if a buyer is rude or abusive that puts a sour taste on the deal, and they deserve neg ratings.

I trade quite a bit on an international auction site. I hadnt received ratings from the sellers of items that I had purchased. Popped a polite email through saying that I had effected payment promptly and as far as I was concerned I had fulfilled my obligation. I get a reply from one nice lady who says they only rate buyers if you rate them positive. In addittion she says that the payment has nothing to do with being rated postive and that if you didnt pay they wouldnt ship (thats pretty obvious). She then says that buyers only warrant a positive rating if they are polite and rate her. :wtf: Am I missing the point or is this just complete arrogance? Needless to say with an attitude like that they wont be getting any more of my business.

Grant

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

No I don't think this lady's attitude is right.

And certainly not conducive to building a good client base.

I also this that this could be considered a form of "rating" blackmail.

I use the same philosophy as you do, to me this is simply good business practice.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thats what I thought! Maybe it is a cultural difference - but I just think darn arrogant to be honest. And the scary thing is the said site allows sellers to set up an auto feedback which only gives positive feedback once the buyer has rated the seller. Not right. It is complete blackmail and site sanctioned blackmail!

Agreed I will keep on operating as I do.

Thanks

JPBon    10
JPBon

I would say positive as long as payment is on time and you dont get any verbal abuse or anything.

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Hi Grant..

No, rate once payment is made in the agreed terms. Buyer did his bit, what more do you want, you know what I mean?

Other lady is just wrong, but it's how they do it on that site and I guess there's no changing that..

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thats pretty much what I have always thought. As long as the buyer is not unreasonably demanding /. absuive / rude and pay promptly - they have fulfilled their obligation with a prompt payment. I just think the attitude I got was bizarre! To say the least!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I noticed recently a buyer with over 700 ratings has not rated one of his sellers.

He owes me 12 ratings.

This I find unfair and I will no longer rate this buyer.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

On the international trading site, ALL the sellers only rate you when you've rated them first! And if you don't do the ratings within 60 days, you forfeit your return ratings too! (the system only allows transactions from the past 60 days to be visible / rated)

On BoB, I rate the buyer after the payment has cleared, I've allocated the order to the cash book, and the parcel is ready to be packed. Most of the time the buyer's don't even bother to rate when they've received the package anymore! There are a "select" few buyers that are notorious at never rating the seller, so I don't even rate them at all anymore. Over the past few years, I have 2547 ratings "outstanding" from buyers!

jphotography    10
jphotography

I saw this on BOB the other day when browsing.

Comment: (from buyer)

Got no rating after more than 2 weeks and no communication as well, i email you a view times for a rating, got no reply.

by xxxx7 (34 rating1.gif)

Response: (seller)

LIAR!! to get a rating is a privilege NOT a right..we rate once a month but you will only get a negative due to ratings abuse GO play somewhere else

So is a rating then a privilege???

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I saw this on BOB the other day when browsing.

Comment: (from buyer)

Got no rating after more than 2 weeks and no communication as well, i email you a view times for a rating, got no reply.

by xxxx7 (34 rating1.gif)

Response: (seller)

LIAR!! to get a rating is a privilege NOT a right..we rate once a month but you will only get a negative due to ratings abuse GO play somewhere else

So is a rating then a privilege???

Would be interested to know who the seller is. Ridiculous. It takes less than a minute a day to rate all your buyers who have paid. I think someone here has a false sense of self importance! Sellers like this should be avoided. Imature ratings and name calling is just silly.

Cali Craft and Gems

That sounds like the typical attitude of DanKing - although I could be mistaken...

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Found who it is, it isn't Dan, unless he changed his rating, but this seller does have 27094 sales. Had a look at the negatives and boy oh boy... From what I've read on the forum about Dan, this is the same...

Another thing to add - if something says vacuum sealer, would you expect it to take the air out and vacuum pack?

Edited by Libertas Computers
Added the question..

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Found who it is, it isn't Dan, unless he changed his rating, but this seller does have 27094 sales. Had a look at the negatives and boy oh boy... From what I've read on the forum about Dan, this is the same...

Another thing to add - if something says vacuum sealer, would you expect it to take the air out and vacuum pack?

If it didnt, it would just be called a sealer - not a vacuum sealer - the word vacuum means to remove (as in the air). Read some of the other comments. Calls lots of people liars and threatens people who have not paid and not received items with Prosecution!!! Get real.

Cali Craft and Gems

Oh I remember reading the rating / ratings about the so-called vacuum sealer somewhere along the line.

If it states vacuum sealer, then it should do exactly that - "vacuum" all the air out before it seals! Otherwise it is a simple, plain sealer... no vacuum! (but the poor unsuspecting buyers get a lousy product, plus an attitude from the seller!)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I noticed this a while ago. A little bird at BoB told me it is a "sensitive" matter! Needless to say, I'm more curious than a cat ...! lol

jphotography    10
jphotography

I rather not say who the seller is as he is also on the forum, don't want to start something, but again I will never buy from a seller with that attitude. I once did and promised myself never again.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
I noticed this a while ago. A little bird at BoB told me it is a "sensitive" matter! Needless to say, I'm more curious than a cat ...! lol

Well lets sell bedding.No competition anymore.We may end up with the elite at a dinner party:angel:

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

I had NO doubt as to who the seller was - went straight to their page.

I am still owed a number of items from him - for almost a year now - the number of emails between hello@bidorbuy.co.za and myself and the seller is just amazing. They eventually sent me a parcel with a few of the umpteen items and then nothing again. But only after he accused me of lying and various other things. I have yet to rate him negative - mostly for fear of revenge rating but OH BOY - been there got the wardrobe with him...

Pathway    10
Pathway

@ Cali - that's what I was thinking while I was reading. My only neg rating ever is from him, and I'm still waiting for the goods - over a year later.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

...and my only 2 negatives from him too! I recall a thread relating to him a while ago when another forum user complained about the "untouchables" - referring to him. Well finally he became touchable due to his arrogance. Maybe we should say Thank You, BoB

@ Cali - that's what I was thinking while I was reading. My only neg rating ever is from him, and I'm still waiting for the goods - over a year later.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
I noticed recently a buyer with over 700 ratings has not rated one of his sellers.

He owes me 12 ratings.

This I find unfair and I will no longer rate these buyer.

I agree 1000% Shame on these sad, arrogant, petty buyers...

Edited by Edmund1000
these...

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Have you asked Bob to remove this rating? Do you still have the proof?

Last but not least why are your toys still in the cot?

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
Why are your toys still in the cot? :nuts:

Great question!! :smile:

BMW_M3_CSL    10
BMW_M3_CSL

I need some advice - a negative rating was given by a new buyer for being a "rip off". The item sold has clearly got all the measurements listed and yet this buyer buys the item just to give a negative rating stating she could get a bigger size at less ( I know she cant as we buy directly from the factory).

What would the forums feeling be in changing our positive rating to a negative as she did not read the listing and she has not answered any of our calls to her to assist her in either returning the item for a refund or finding a solution to her problem. I dont want this to be seen as a revenge rating but feel she is totally at fault for ordering something just to give a negative rating - this product has been sold to numerous other buyers without any complaints but just positive feedback on price etc.

Please give me your honest opinions - thanks