Sign in to follow this  
mottnicholas

ernest7119 bad service

mottnicholas    10
mottnicholas

I bid on and won a mouse Mice - 2.4 GHZ WIRELESS MOUSE was sold for R71.00 on 2 Feb at 23:46 by ernest7119 in Hong Kong (ID:32015704). Seller took almost 2 weeks to post the item, so I only received it 3 weeks after paying. When I received the item it was not only in the wrong colour, but also the wrong item. I have sent multiple e-mails to the seller, but he has not replied to any of them. Attached is a picture of the item that i received for those who want to see before they believe. Just thought I'd warn others about this seller.

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I have had a few dealings with this seller in the past and have found him to be an excellent seller but considering his ratings at this point , I would think twice before I bid on anything of his now , esp with him not being a local seller.

For the money you paid on shipping and time you waited , it really would have been less trouble to go buy a mouse at your local computer store !

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Just as a question. Did you specify the colour you want..? It states that colour must be specified or random colour will be sent..

Vegar    10
Vegar

Another issue with this seller - apart from them having 713 NEGATIVES !!! - is that when you receive the item from Hong Kong you still have to pay customs ...

I would advice anyone buying from the China region to pay via Paypal only. At least you get refunded.

mellowred    10
mellowred

Earnest used to visit the forum at one stage and he said he had problems with postage. From the ratings it has now escalated and he is also having problems with his sorting and posting. Perhaps he has a new assistant(?)

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Bizarre how someone with 700 plus neg ratings can still trade. Thats 700 buyers who could have been put off bob by this experience! We need a revision of the rule that says an account can be suspended if users ratings drop below 70%. It shoulb be closer to 90%.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well BoB do have a rule that verified sellers who drop below 90% lose their verified rating. But as overseas sellers cannot be verified, I wonder if BoB have other ways of "dealing with" unverified sellers whose ratings show a significant drop all of a sudden?

Cuan, is there cause for concern here?

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

You guys are wasting your time complaining about this seller, BoB will not be doing anything about this, and it is not "all of a sudden", this has been going on for years. I have over 100 purchases on eBay from sellers all over the planet and I have received EVERY parcel....hmm, makes one wonder :rolleyes:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I hear what you're saying, BB, but this seller's ratings are down to 83%!

And if one looks at the neutral ratings, all in all it doesn't sound good enough for me to buy from this seller.

Kit W    10
Kit W
I hear what you're saying, BB, but this seller's ratings are down to 83%!

And if one looks at the neutral ratings, all in all it doesn't sound good enough for me to buy from this seller.

Anybody that buys a simple computer mouse from this dude needs to be examined - all the fuss and bother mentioned in previous posts. - I agree with BB that BoB will do nothing about the seller. End of story!!

GeoMaree    10
GeoMaree

ernest7119 bad service

I bought a mouse in September 2010. I paid immediately, but I am still waiting for this item. Seller gave me a positive feedback for paying quickly, but now he quickly changed it to negative. This is so stupid! Sellers should not be able to change positive ratings to negative ones. They just do it for revenge. I did receive a tracking number, but it never worked. I waited very patiently, but eventually queried it. The seller did not come back to me even after 2 emails. So, now I have nothing to show for the money I spent, a negative rating (because how dare I question him) and stuck with a seller with a "go check it yourself, it is not my problem" attitude.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I bought a mouse in September 2010. I paid immediately, but I am still waiting for this item. Seller gave me a positive feedback for paying quickly, but now he quickly changed it to negative. This is so stupid! Sellers should not be able to change positive ratings to negative ones. They just do it for revenge. I did receive a tracking number, but it never worked. I waited very patiently, but eventually queried it. The seller did not come back to me even after 2 emails. So, now I have nothing to show for the money I spent, a negative rating (because how dare I question him) and stuck with a seller with a "go check it yourself, it is not my problem" attitude.

You can appeal your neg rating with BOB. If you made payment promptly, and he rated you positive and changed it because you rated him negative, Bob will more than likely consider it as a revenge rating.

BMW_M3_CSL    10
BMW_M3_CSL

Is this sellers name by any chance "Richard"?

ernest7119    10
ernest7119

Its ok, I'll keep the mouse, its to much effort to send it back as I dont have time to do so.

------

Sorry, I have just read the complaint. But above is what the buyer reply. I have replied all his enquiry, and promised if he can return to me, I will send another to him, He replied that no time to do it, but complaint here for bad service, I wondered.