Sign in to follow this  
medley

Fake 16gig usb flash drives.

medley

I buy on bob for a long time now, and I've promised myself not to buy flash drives from these sellers. Anyway i did buy one of the 16gig drives and thought well i do not see any complaints about them lately. But due to the fact that i use it for 3.8gig files (one at a time), i didn't notice anything till loading 8 gig.

The message was "sorry destination drive is full". Tested with ChkFlsh it's 4gig only but shows 16gig. ChkFlsh shows the other 12gig as errors, i know the sellers cannot check every drive they sell, but they are dealing with dodgy suppliers.

They say, never say never, but never will i buy a usb flash from this site again.

Seeds for Africa

I bought 2 recently on bob, and had no problems with them, but I did get brand name ones. Not much more expensive than the cheapies though.

medley
I bought 2 recently on bob, and had no problems with them, but I did get brand name ones. Not much more expensive than the cheapies though.

Mine was a No-Name brand, only a small 16gig sticker and the sellers name on it.

Libertas Computers

That's quite unlucky. I have also learned that when it comes to electronics I don't ever buy no name or unrecognized brands. "Beware of cheap imitations" always comes to mind..

anerstemens

You must even be careful of buying brand names, Bloemfontein is crawling with street vendors selling 32gb Kingston and transcend 32gb v300, the thing is transcend never released a 32gb v300 edition , my suppliers tell me some of the people even tried to take transcend on about their lifetime guarantee, ( but they bought fake’s so obviously no guarantee )

Question to ask yourself before buying?

1. Does the price seem to low?

2. Ask the seller to validate the product? (do a quick Google search on how to spot a fake)

3. Does the seller offer a quarantee?

medley
You must even be careful of buying brand names, Bloemfontein is crawling with street vendors selling 32gb Kingston and transcend 32gb v300, the thing is transcend never released a 32gb v300 edition , my suppliers tell me some of the people even tried to take transcend on about their lifetime guarantee, ( but they bought fake’s so obviously no guarantee )

Question to ask yourself before buying?

1. Does the price seem to low?

2. Ask the seller to validate the product? (do a quick Google search on how to spot a fake)

3. Does the seller offer a quarantee?

I agree with you 100%

kebs
I buy on bob for a long time now, and I've promised myself not to buy flash drives from these sellers. Anyway i did buy one of the 16gig drives and thought well i do not see any complaints about them lately. But due to the fact that i use it for 3.8gig files (one at a time), i didn't notice anything till loading 8 gig.

The message was "sorry destination drive is full". Tested with ChkFlsh it's 4gig only but shows 16gig. ChkFlsh shows the other 12gig as errors, i know the sellers cannot check every drive they sell, but they are dealing with dodgy suppliers.

They say, never say never, but never will i buy a usb flash from this site again.

Have you reported it to community watch? Or informed the seller - maybe they are unaware they are selling fakes?

medley
Have you reported it to community watch? Or informed the seller - maybe they are unaware they are selling fakes?

No, in my OP i've mentioned "i do not see any complaints about them lately"I've checked the sellers ratings for problems regarding this 16gig drive, did'nt see any so i thought it must only be me. The sale was end Nov 10 so i did'nt report.

kebs

It's possible though that other buyers don't know.. I would let the seller know anyway..

medley
It's possible though that other buyers don't know.. I would let the seller know anyway..

OK i'll do that. THX.