Sign in to follow this  
Libertas Computers

Drop Shipping question

Libertas Computers

I know this topic of drop shipping have been discussed many, many a time, but mine is a bit different.

I want to know (from the community as well as Cuan and them) if you consider the following as ok:

I buy an item from my supplier

I put the item on Bid Or Buy

The items gets sold

In stead of sending the one in my possession with my courier, I send another one from my supplier.

My reason for asking is that this actually saves time and money.

My supplier is in Cape Town, I am in Stellenbosch. So it is easier for my courier to go from their offices in Cape Town to my supplier to collect it, as long as it's booked before 3.

If they come to me to collect it, it's charged at an extra R35 and it must be booked before 10am.

So my logic behind it is to keep my stock on me and use a lower shipping charge and save any delays if money only reflects after 10am.

Of course if the supplier is out of stock, I'll send them to me and I'll carry the extra expense.

What's your thought? Is this ok, or should I be and authorised drop shipper to do this? I have the item in my possession, I just decide to send it from another location.

Fred

Miss Jewels

Hi LC. The problem with this would be if there is a hold up with customs or any other postal issues, your client will not get his/her parcel on time. Dropshipping must be authorized and it's when the parcel is sent directly from the supplier, but your buyer must be made aware of this. Also, your courier should have various branches so it should not be a problem for them where delivery is concerned. Just my opinion.

qball

Hi LC

Strictly speaking what you are doing is drop shipping and is not permitted as per our Listing policy. Whilst we understand that your proposal has time and money benefits, as a new seller, you have not built up a strong sales reputation or have an established track record yet, even though you are Verified. We also do not know if the relationship between you and your supplier is reliable. If we make an exception for you, we have to make exceptions for other new sellers which may be risky for us and the buyers. You make a very compelling argument, but as we state to other sellers that wish to drop ship, you need to have good track record on the site in terms of sales, ratings and service for a minimum of 6 months before we would consider such permission to be granted.

Kind regards

Cuan

Libertas Computers

Thanks Cuan

Appreciate the reply. I fully understand what you mean by that.

Regards,

Fred