Sign in to follow this  
infiltrade

Art, as in paintings, related

infiltrade

Hi. I need some expert's advice in this regard. I recently picked up two books of sketches done on a very canvassy sort of paper and they all seem very professionally done. Only snag is that none of them have been signed by whoever have done them. Someone subsequently told me that they are of less value unsigned. Ok, can understand that, but will I be allowed to sell them as my own property now seeing that they have been thrown away at a dump. Otherwise their appear no details whatsoever anywhere in these books of who may have been the owner or artist.

Please respond

Kit W
Hi. I need some expert's advice in this regard. I recently picked up two books of sketches done on a very canvassy sort of paper and they all seem very professionally done. Only snag is that none of them have been signed by whoever have done them. Someone subsequently told me that they are of less value unsigned. Ok, can understand that, but will I be allowed to sell them as my own property now seeing that they have been thrown away at a dump. Otherwise their appear no details whatsoever anywhere in these books of who may have been the owner or artist.

Please respond

Hi infiltrade

Welcome to the forum - I am sure that an expert will give you some advise. I would suggest that there must be some way of tracing the artist of the variuos sketches. Why don't you post a picture of one of the works and let's see what the forum have to say

I wish you luck

Regards

Kit :bigsmile:

infiltrade

Kit, your advice is much appreciated and I will definitely follow it. Thanks