Sign in to follow this  
pablojani

changing price

pablojani

A seller had an item listed at R59. I intended bidding but my computer crashed and by the time I got it going again the auction had closed with no bids. I asked the seller to relist it as Auction or Buy it Now. The seller replied and said he/she would list it as Buy it Now for R69 "which is still cheap". I think this is a bit of a cheek. It is not costing R10 to relist. So I am not going to buy it unless at the original price. I am not that desperate to have it.

Seeds for Africa

I agree with you. That is just rude! I would stand firm if I were you!

Libertas Computers

I understand where he comes from though, you think someone will make a bid and that'll force someone else to make a bid and raise the price, I don't know. It is a bit stupid though, because nobody shown interest in the product and now you do, so why not?

pablojani

changing price

I would laugh if he ends up having to list it at R49. Then I will bid R59 which is what I was originally prepared to pay.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I've also had that happen, where a seller (not on bob) was selling books at R5.00 each and when I inquired about whether they had more, the price was suddenly R8.00 per book. Of course, I didn't buy any more. I think that's trying to take advantage of interest in the product, but all it does is put people off.

Lukeness

Maybe he lost R10 in listing fees when he listed it before and that has added to the cost of the item

pablojani

changing price

Maybe he lost R10 in listing fees when he listed it before and that has added to the cost of the item

Listing fees??? What listing fees?

Lukeness

You haven't provided a link to the auction for us to see but since you sell items I would imagine you know what listing fees are... IE category listings, priority, highlighted etc etc etc.

Obviously these add to your cost of sale.

pablojani
You haven't provided a link to the auction for us to see but since you sell items I would imagine you know what listing fees are... IE category listings, priority, highlighted etc etc etc.

Obviously these add to your cost of sale.

I know what ENHANCED listing fees are. This was not an enhanced listing. There would only have been a success fee.