Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

FRAGILE!!! Means it can be tossed about.

wayjen

Recently we sold 2 items that were securely packaged and marked FRAGILE and on both occasions the article arrived at the destination broken. The strangest thing is, items that are not marked fragile but can be broken if tossed about always arrived in good condition.

The problem now is that if you post an item without fragile written on it and it gets broken you are to blame so what do you do?

mellowred

I've stopped writing fragile for precisely the same reason. Have had two items broken and both were marked fragile. There must be some malicious PO officials on duty some days.

I find boxing inside a box helps. But it does push the weight up.

Perhaps ask the buyer if they want you to mark fragile(?) They may think you crazy but ..... :toung:

Little Miss Muffet

Maybe you should have used "Davids coke bottle"

I sent a murano chicken away today and it has a long thin part to it so I hope it arrives safely.

The post office seem to use forklifts to transport these parcels around.

I had a rating from someone who said the box was badly damaged but the item fortunately did not break.

I saw your rating which is very unfair since all else has arrived safely.

wayjen

Jenny uses coke bottles all the time amongst other items and yet it is only the FRAGILE parcels that end up broken.

RAG Auctioneers

We dont write fragile on items anymore - just package them extra secure.

Your theory is correct....

wayjen

you damn if you do and damned if you don't.

drumbeetle

A backup for Waygen

Drumbeetle has had a few delicate items bought from Waygen. The boxes looked as if they were delivered by a pack of wolves. Jennies Coke bottles saved my precious items.The wolves could not get past the box.Items that were not breakable were so secure with broad sticky packers tape, it was 100% waterproof. Thanks Waygen.:bigsmile:

lilythepink

Wayne, you KNOW that elephants are employed in the Post Office - particularly in the "fragile" items department!

I learnt long ago never to mark anything fragile! When the elephants without driver's licences get onto the fork lift trucks then it's mayhem!

wayjen
Drumbeetle has had a few delicate items bought from Waygen. The boxes looked as if they were delivered by a pack of wolves. Jennies Coke bottles saved my precious items.The wolves could not get past the box.Items that were not breakable were so secure with broad sticky packers tape, it was 100% waterproof. Thanks Waygen.:bigsmile:

Thank you for the support and kind words. Jenny spends hours on packaging to make sure everyones articles are secure and arrive at the destination intact. It still puzzles me why some items arrive in pieces even after all the precautions. We also learnt that different post offices handle parcels differently.

thanks again drumbeetle.

wayjen
Wayne, you KNOW that elephants are employed in the Post Office - particularly in the "fragile" items department!

I learnt long ago never to mark anything fragile! When the elephants without driver's licences get onto the fork lift trucks then it's mayhem!

yip we know that.

lilythepink
yip we know that.

But do you know that rhino's and other ou's are also involved?

wayjen

I wonder if I take out a gun and start blastin' away at the post office personal will I be had up for poaching?

lilythepink
I wonder if I take out a gun and start blastin' away at the post office personal will I be had up for poaching?

Nah. They're not an endangered species! Go for it.

JPBon

Just run to the UK afterwards they dont believe in prosecuting suspected murderers but rather defend them.

TS Ron

I am not at all surprised if I watch people in the post office of lately open a parcel that is marked fragile at the counter inspect the item to see if it is damaged in any way before they leave the post office. As I have of lately watched the post office handle parcels they thrown across a room. Do as every one suggest do not mark fragile.

wayjen
I am not at all surprised if I watch people in the post office of lately open a parcel that is marked fragile at the counter inspect the item to see if it is damaged in any way before they leave the post office. As I have of lately watched the post office handle parcels they thrown across a room. Do as every one suggest do not mark fragile.

Now that's where the other issue comes in. You don't mark the box FRAGILE and he person receiving it get the parcel and it is in pieces and they negative rate you because you never marked it fragile.