Sign in to follow this  
RAGE010

BoB rules regarding "SWOP"

RAGE010    10
RAGE010

Hi.

I recently had an offer for a SWOP, just would like to know if this is allowed and how does it normally work? like who sends first...etc

Thank you in advance!

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi Rage

BoB would not allow swaps on auctions or Buy Nows as they get their commission on money changing hands.

I'm assuming that they allow it via a classified ad as you have paid for the advert and they do not charge commission.

Who sends first? I guess that would be the most trusting of the two parties :wink:.

admin    0
admin

Hi RAGE010,

1. The following policies apply to all listings and are strictly prohibited:

1.3. Listing an item that requires an additional purchase, swop or trade in.

Listing Policy

mellowred    10
mellowred

Thanks for correcting me there Admin. Would hate for Rage to be blacklisted due to my ignorance :angel:.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Just a suggestion - why don't the two people concerned sell their items to each other for R1.00 each? They could each put up a special listing for the other. That way a "sale" will take place and BoB will get commission?

Surely this would be allowed without any rules being transgressed?

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

The best way would probably be to create a paid for classified listing with contact details permitted where the selling price is irrelevant.

RAGE010    10
RAGE010

Thank you so much for the info guys.

qball    11
qball

We would not permit this via a classified ad. As per the listing policy we do not permit swops.

Thanks

Cuan

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
If swops aren't allowed, then maybe these guys should not be allowed to advertise that swops will be considered???

2008 Birthday R5 - MS 69,,YESsss, SACGS MS 69 THE FIRST was sold for R12,000.00 on 9 Feb at 20:02 by cerry in Orania (ID:32382287)

Another lister who doesn't know how to spell? MsPlod, you certainly seem able to find them .... LOL