Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Looking for a courier

Seeds for Africa

Has anyone got some advice for me. I sell wooden headboards. They are bulky and heavy. Currntly I pay a courier between 220 and 600 to deliver. Anyone got a reliable courier company up their sleeve that does not charge the earth?

I am in Montague Gardens Cape Town.

Thanks

Grant

f9shopper

Grant did you try Internet Express - Johan told us last week at the bob seminar that bob have negotiated a special fee for bob sellers. Go to left-hand side on the bob Home Page - "Delivery anywhere in SA" and contact them

Seeds for Africa

Thanks for that. Let me give them a bash. I have been using ABC Direct express on my last couple of deliveries. Price quite expensive and customer service pathetic. Let me give these guys a bash.

Thanks

Grant

JPBon
Thanks for that. Let me give them a bash. I have been using ABC Direct express on my last couple of deliveries. Price quite expensive and customer service pathetic. Let me give these guys a bash.

Thanks

Grant

Please let us know how it goes.

Seeds for Africa

First Delivery

Hi JP

Yes will let u know. Got an order over night so will be trying them Monday.

Thks Grant

JPBon

I see on the site that you can get a quote by typing in details like size

Seeds for Africa

Had a heart attack!!!! Keyed in the dimensions and weight to send one of my headboards - R 5 800!!!!!!!! Think my customers will have to live with the R 600 mark. Will persevere with looking for a road freighter. Interestingly I also keyed in small parcel dimensions and weights. More expensive then speed services door to door which personally I have found very good. Not convinced this is the best deal out there!

Libertas Computers

Hi there,

Give me the dimensions and weight and preferred delivery time and I'll have a look at what my courier charges me. I know yours is quite heavy, but say 10kgs will be charged at about R75, 2-3 days on road or R150 24-36 hours..

mellowred
Had a heart attack!!!! Keyed in the dimensions and weight to send one of my headboards - R 5 800!!!!!!!! Think my customers will have to live with the R 600 mark. Will persevere with looking for a road freighter. Interestingly I also keyed in small parcel dimensions and weights. More expensive then speed services door to door which personally I have found very good. Not convinced this is the best deal out there!

Hi Gamu

I found the Internet Express link somewhere on BoB a while ago and also tried out a free quote of two; nearly fell over :wtf:.

Even their standard delivery charges are exorbitant. I wonder if we are missing something, and if not I wonder if BoB know how high their rates are. Maybe as BoB traders we get a 70% discount(?)

Seeds for Africa
Hi there,

Give me the dimensions and weight and preferred delivery time and I'll have a look at what my courier charges me. I know yours is quite heavy, but say 10kgs will be charged at about R75, 2-3 days on road or R150 24-36 hours..

Hi Libertas Computers

Dimensions are 140cm High, by 10cm deep, by 230cm wide. Weight 30kg's. Volumetric weight using factor of 5 000 is 64.4kg's. I am pretty happy with road freight up to 5 working days. From the people I have sold to, they understand that being a furniture item it does not make sense to courier overnight.

Thanks would appreciate seeing what your courier would charge.

Thanks

Grant

Seeds for Africa
Hi Gamu

I found the Internet Express link somewhere on BoB a while ago and also tried out a free quote of two; nearly fell over :wtf:.

Even their standard delivery charges are exorbitant. I wonder if we are missing something, and if not I wonder if BoB know how high their rates are. Maybe as BoB traders we get a 70% discount(?)

Hi Mellowred

Yes, as I said even the small parcels are pricier than speed services door 2 door which personally I have no problem with. I will pop an email to Bob, just to make them aware that they are punting a supplier that possibly isnt the best deal for their customers.

Thks

Grant

Libertas Computers

Jikes.. Well my courier uses 4000 factor for road. That puts it up at 80.5Kgs. Working with 81Kg it will work out to R400. I've got a bit of time later in the day and will have to confirm this for you, I'll get a quote for you.

SProducts
Hi Mellowred

Yes, as I said even the small parcels are pricier than speed services door 2 door which personally I have no problem with. I will pop an email to Bob, just to make them aware that they are punting a supplier that possibly isnt the best deal for their customers.

Thks

Grant

There should something you are doing wrong, they are not expensive than speed services door to door. Last time I used speed services about 2 years ago, they charged me R116.00 counter to door.

Internet Express charges me R86.00 for major cities and about R126.00 for regional areas for a parcel up to 2kg. Cannot confirm dimensions, but I've sent a box about 60cm X 20cm x20cm and it weight less than 2kg and got charged as above.

Seeds for Africa

Hi S Products

I got those figures by using the tool that they have on their website. I will give them a call. Possibly I am doing something wrong in getting the figures.

Thanks

Grant

Seeds for Africa
Jikes.. Well my courier uses 4000 factor for road. That puts it up at 80.5Kgs. Working with 81Kg it will work out to R400. I've got a bit of time later in the day and will have to confirm this for you, I'll get a quote for you.

Thanks. I would appreciate that.

Libertas Computers

Ok, I'm back, just sent off the email requesting a quote, realized when receiving my statement this morning that I might have outdated rates with me and might have been losing money, but that's another story.

I'll send you the total once I hear back from them.

Libertas Computers

Got back the quotes..

Sending from a main city to a main city (Cpt to Jhb as example) it will be R369.36 (2-3 days)

Sending from a main city to a regional city (Cpt to Witbank as example) it will be R634.98 (3-4 days)

Hope this helps.

Fred

etpi

Wow, these are great prices. I have been thinking about selling l-shaped lounged suites manufactured by a friend, but could not find an affordable way to transport these suites. Is it possible that you can give us contact details for your courier? (Maybe you should negotiate commission with them first :razz:)