Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Where are all the emails??

ATA STAMP CENTRE

My items have closed since 9pm and till now not a single email from bob??strange????

babyface2

i agree, no emails for being out bid pathetic. what is going on even items thar is in selling section i only receive emails four hours after the fact, really pathetic even ebay is faster, come on admin please do something about this

Cali Craft and Gems

I've noticed that the order / payment emails are not coming through this morning! Quite a concern when you have to link up orders with payments to get parcels out... the emails make life easier, now I have to go scratching around to see what's what!

ClickandShip

and now you can't cause the site is offline...lol...bad Thursday!! Should be sorted soon though..

Cali Craft and Gems

If the seller's are not getting emails, what are the chances that the buyers are not getting emails either? This could explain why there have been minimum orders / transactions completed for the auctions from last night. Usually there is a flurry of emails / payments in the morning after a crazy Wed - today is nothing!

ClickandShip

My concerns is that buyers are not getting emails concerning Personal Offers, as I only put a 12 hour validity on them..

brands online

I thought something strange is going on with the site, but when I called, Khaba said everything is hunky dory...

MacMuffin

Pls note, that Internet Solutions had a huge hosted-mail server outage on Tuesday and as of now most of their resellers (Afrihost, Matrix, FNB Connect etc) experience downtime. Our servers are currently deferring those failed emails until the recipient servers are up again.

ClickandShip
Our servers are currently deferring those failed emails until the recipient servers are up again

Hi Mac, sorry if this is a silly Q, but, what exactly does that mean? Will the buyers still receive the emils, only later? or have they been ''lost'' in transit as in forever?

Regadrs

MacMuffin
Hi Mac, sorry if this is a silly Q, but, what exactly does that mean? Will the buyers still receive the emils, only later? or have they been ''lost'' in transit as in forever?

Regadrs

Hi - buyers will still receive the mails - we will retry for 4 days and if the mail is not delivered by then, we will abort. As said earlier, most of the resellers hosted with IS experienced an outage today (from around 9am) and this caused further problems.

ClickandShip

Ok, so should I rather send ''Congratulatory'' emails from my webbased account, or are the messages from the order page going out?

MacMuffin
Ok, so should I rather send ''Congratulatory'' emails from my webbased account, or are the messages from the order page going out?

Order mails are going out. As said previously, there is not much BoB can do if recipient mail-servers don't accept mail as was the case on Tuesday and earlier today due to other ISPs outages. Webmail would not really help either, as you would still face the same problem transmitting to the recipient server.

ClickandShip

OHHHHHHH!! Ok, I just got it :embarrest: So it's not a BoB SENDING issue, its an end user RECEIVING issue!! I really hope I was not the only one that just caught on.

Thanks Mac!

lilythepink

I haven't had a problem with emails from BoB - touch wood, etc.

Cali Craft and Gems

I closed five auctions "early" around 10h46 this morning and so far NO emails have come through... what's the problem?

MacMuffin
I closed five auctions "early" around 10h46 this morning and so far NO emails have come through... what's the problem?

Just checked now, and except one outbid-notification, you should have received 47 emails for today alone. All mails went out timeously, I suggest that you raise this issue than with your ISP.

lilythepink

My emails from BoB are coming through fine still!

babyface2

emails are coming through 2 hours after the fact is bidders getting emails on time to up their bids

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi Mac

Mweb claims there is "no problem" on their side so now I do not know...

Most of the messages took forever to come through from Tuesday noon to present, and I was up to 3am this morning (packing parcels) and randomly checking for emails coming through and nothing!

If I look at the sales from last night, there are a few buyers that have completed the transactions to generate an order number - only 2 came through this morning (that were done at 07:03 and 07:29 plus one payment at 07:53).

The orders from callymorgs and crimsonlady are missing entirely... and who knows what else!

I seriously don't know where to turn from here - is it an issue on BoB's side, Mweb, or who?

Thanks in advance, Janet - CCG

MacMuffin

Hi - it is MWeb - they are throttling our emails and just checking now, we sit with 20 outbound mails which are not accepted by MWeb.

We have contacted MWeb on a number of occasions and unfortunately they have not done anything about it.

wayjen

ok there seems to be missing emails on our side today. Bids have happened and questions have been asked but those have not reflected in our inbox in gmail at all.

babyface2
ok there seems to be missing emails on our side today. Bids have happened and questions have been asked but those have not reflected in our inbox in gmail at all.

same here no emails:huh: this is special training not click on send and receive to many times

MacMuffin

We did notice earlier slow transmission Google and Yahoo accounts and those two providers accepted outbound mails at a slower rate than normally. We don't believe that the issue resides on our side as delivery to local domains process within seconds. At the moment roughly 100 mails are waiting for transmission (none to gmail though).

wayjen

the emails of this afternoon are coming through now. It does seem that the "closed listings" are coming through but the Q & A and bids were not.