Sign in to follow this  
selabi

Excessive postage again

selabi    10
selabi

I won an auction on BOB You've won the auction 32991600 sold by jennyj (no ratings).

When i asked the seller what the postage will be imagen my surprise when she said R1000 .I did ask what postage would be when i bid and no answer was supplied .I informed the seller that BOB has rules to govern postage and that i have no intention of paying R1000 postage this is just the sellers way of making money off crazy postage and doing BOB in because the price was not what they expected what would you do

voldermort    10
voldermort

i honestly think i would drop dead of sheer horror if i were quoted R1000 postage for anything :wtf: after i had come back to life though i would phone BoB & inform them of this ridiculous postage which is what i think you should do.

SProducts    10
SProducts

Maybe the parcel comes from the North Pole with all the late Christmas gifts:laugh:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Maybe the parcel comes from the North Pole with all the late Christmas gifts:laugh:

possibly including the reindeer as well :awesome:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Good grief! Perhaps she's sending the item from the moon?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

This is by far the worst case of overcharging for postage that I've heard of so far, there's no way she can get away with this.

Please inform BoB so that they can deal with this issue.

Once again, this is a good reason to make postage compulsory when completing a listing, it's not rocket-science for the seller to do so, so there's no excuse.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
i honestly think i would drop dead of sheer horror if i were quoted R1000 postage for anything :wtf: after i had come back to life though i would phone BoB & inform them of this ridiculous postage which is what i think you should do.

LOL!!! Exactly what voldermort said! R1000 for postage would be enough to turn my hair grey overnight!

selabi    10
selabi

Hi

I thought it was coming first class vis BA possible even piloting the air craft but i did ask BOB to look into it Eish

brands online    10
brands online

It's a new seller, maybe the postage has just been rounded up to the nearest thousandth?:wondering:

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Is it a R1000 for both or each?:sowsuser:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Is it a R1000 for both or each?:sowsuser:

Ouch, that R1000 postage would so floor me i wouldnt even realise it may be only for one :shock:

selabi    10
selabi

I think for both but that was not made clear i offered R300 for combined which is what other artist have charged me with works of a similar size and make up which i think is fair .

The seller was trying to include packaging petrol and time if other artist can give me an idea of what would be fair i would be interested to know bearing in mind i did only bid on the art the rest should have been factored in by the seller

kyle2    10
kyle2

Size and weight would indicate a postage charge of no more than about R250, this seller is making up for the loss at auction, she cannot hold you to that "quote" as it was not stipulated or agreed upon. This seller is taking a chance, no question about it.:suspicious:

selabi    10
selabi

Hi Kyle2

Thanks for your input i am a great supporter of local artist and do not sell for profit and do not want to start making there lives more difficult than need be so i am trying to do the right thing as buyers already have a bad enough name with some of there actions toward sellers

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Had a quick look at the dimensions, and phoned my courier, they said it should be around the R80 mark for Air, but if that's risky then the same amount, but longer on road. With R50 for insurance excluded..

So no, I've got no idea where that amount comes from!!

Heck, tell the person you'll send your own courier and then just arrange something.. Add R20 for packaging to be nice, but that's a huge amount!

selabi    10
selabi

Hi Libertas Computers

I really appreciat all your effort and the information you supplied i think i might suggest it if i do not hear back and if possible ask you to supply your courier info again many thanks i do not understand why most people can not be so civil

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Wow. Ten sales a month with postage like that and the buyer will be retiring!

JPBon    10
JPBon

Ok we are all way undercharging for our mail then, here goes I think we should all charge like this, we might never have a sale again though.