Sign in to follow this  
Morne b

Successful Conviction

ZeroCool09

What more can i do .... ?

I have a query ...

If i won a court case with someone who stole from alot of us here on BOB ...

the sheriff went to his house etc, but he is all talk and no action.

what can I do ?

Can I go and report him to the SAPS for fraud ?

qball

Hi there

As advised numerous times before, contact the SAPS to open a case of theft under false pretences if you did not receive the goods after making payment or if you were not refunded. We will assist the police with the investigation.

Please do not open multiple threads on the same topic or issue. One thread or post is sufficient. Should you continue to open new threads we will close them.

Thank you

Cuan

BUMBEY

ALL USERS SCAMMED BY DREAMERZ, WILLEM SMITH, RUBICAL, HB SOLUTIONS AND DE JAGER2008 = THIS PERSON : HB POTGIETER AND HER HUSBAND HAS BEEN CAPTURED.

Morne b

Hi All

The joint investigation between bidorbuy and the Bloemfontein Organised Crime Unit into the fraudulent activities of Rikus and Helena Potgieter aka Dreamerz, Terracotta, Rubilac, Dromedaris, etc has paid off.

Rikus Potgieter received a 7 year sentence of which 5 years will be served in prison and 2 suspended.

Helena Potgieter received a 5 year sentence of which 3 years will be served in prison and a further 2 suspended.

There were found guilty on a total of 263 charges of fraud and will start their prison sentence immediately.

Special thanks must go to Inspector Linda Steyn from the Bloemfontein Organised Crime unit for all her hard work in this case.

admin

Way to go Morne and team :D:D

lilythepink
Hi All

The joint investigation between bidorbuy and the Bloemfontein Organised Crime Unit into the fraudulent activities of Rikus and Helena Potgieter aka Dreamerz, Terracotta, Rubilac, Dromedaris, etc has paid off.

Rikus Potgieter received a 7 year sentence of which 5 years will be served in prison and 2 suspended.

Helena Potgieter received a 5 year sentence of which 3 years will be served in prison and a further 2 suspended.

There were found guilty on a total of 263 charges of fraud and will start their prison sentence immediately.

Special thanks must go to Inspector Linda Steyn from the Bloemfontein Organised Crime unit for all her hard work in this case.

Congratulations to Morne and the Team - but also to those special members who bided their time and saw the case through to fruition. It's so easy to get tired of waiting for Court actions to get their day in Court, but it's so, so worthwhile. Well done to you all who were involved!

old_grouse_bag

The question on everyone's lips: Do we actually get any bucks back from them?

lilythepink

Probably not - if they're in prison they are hardly earning! But there is the satisfaction of knowing that they have a criminal conviction which is sometimes worth more than just money!

mellowred

Being in jail is not easy (not speaking from experience here ;)) so some justice has been served. I'm auditing a fraud case at the moment, and from what I understand the criminals' assets are seized, so you may get something back - depends on how clever the crooks were (they would have had to transfer their assets six months before the arrest) - and how many victims are banging at the door.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

Congrats on the convictions - must say, I'm impressed with the time frame - the dreamerz issue is very new. Well done to all involved.

Asha Craft

Uhmm... Morne or Cuan or someone!

Please can you edit one of the ratings on Terracotta's account... I'm embarressed to even mention it :o

icon_rating_-.gifNegative rating for Watchmen: The End is Nigh - Parts 1 and 2 (Xb...

30 Jul 2009

Comment:

Removed - Thank you, Morne removed the rating. ;)

I'm not a prude, but that's just rude!

Lielalielala

Conviction

I was surprised to see this. Last year a user took my money and dissapeared. I contacted bid or buy to get her personal details so that I could make a case against the user at the police station and/or issue summons against her. Bid or buy did not want to help me. Surprised that they did it now?!?!

qball

Hi there

You would have been advised as to what procedures to follow, all these buyers had to follow the same processes and procedures, and once the police contacted us we assisted with the investigation. In order to get the seller's details the police need to contact us or we require a subpoena, all users have to follow this process unfortunately. This does not mean we did not nor that we were not willing to assist you.

If you haven't opened a case or followed through on this process we cannot assist you. We either have not been contacted by the police or you have not followed the recommendations we made when this incident took place.

Kind regards

Cuan

ksg002

Sellers details

Hi, surely the sellers full details (name, address, etc) should also appear when a order is confirmed? We, as buyers, have to have all of this info in order for us to get our goods.

It appears from the feedback for "Shooters", I have been scammed. How do i recover my money without having the proper info of the seller? Please help.:mad:

qball

Hi All

It is necessary for a buyer to give address details in order for the order to be fulfilled. We do not give out a users address or ID unless we have a formal request from the police or a subpoena, as per our privacy policy. You will be required to follow the following procedure - open a case of theft under false pretences against the seller (with their name and contact details, that is sufficient to open the case) at your local SAPS office. We will then assist the police further with the investigation.

Kind regards

Cuan