Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

A New Thing.......

voldermort

there is a new thing on Items Open ie: sold, viewers watching etc, what is it and what does it do?

JPBon

Sam they just changed the Name it used to be "Tracking"

retailrush

That's right - just click on it and all your items that are being "tracked / watched" will display at the top of the pages... It's really cool!!! :grin:

voldermort

Oh ok, got it now, this is really cool :grin:

voldermort

but how come if i click sales or items bn watched it will initially show those items, yes, but then after that it just goes random and shows everything ie: all items that i have open?

shouldnt it then only show those specific items?

MrAerospace

"Watching"? Sounds like the mafia (or a peeping Tom) is in action on BoB! "Tracking" is a much better word.

booksallsizes

This feature gave me great delight when I discovered it too... I love it!

voldermort

it is a fine thing however i still dont understand why if i click eg: Items Bn Watched it will initially show those but then goes off on a bender, showing me everything :confused: i clicked Items Bn Watched because obviously that was what i wanted to see.....same as for Sales etc

booksallsizes

It's just to depress you by showing you what is not being watched....

wayjen

I don't have that function.

voldermort

@wayne, yours is possibly stuck in the 5th dimension along with some green buttons :suspicious:

@bas, so basically they have introduced this new function merely so they can point out our uselessness a little more thoroughly to us :laugh:

wayjen

I stopped visiting friends and neighbours because I was depressing all their doorbells.

JPBon

This isnt a new function it has been there since last year all that has changed is the name from tracking to watched

voldermort

dude im telling you that stuff on the right hand side of my screen......sales, users watching and something else was definitely not there before the other day & that includes the entire little block of something that is right at the top of items open, a blank block with what looks like it should be an ad in there but instead there is nothing.

retailrush

@ JP - we just have to understand that some people are not so quick on the uptake as some of us... :razz: :grin:

@ Sam - the "page view" has been updated in the last couple of days, with that I do agree with you, (on the left of the screen the little "buy now" and "auction" icons have moved to the top of the item instead of the bottom where they used to be. However as JP says, the "viewed, users watching, and sales" under the status heading on the right of the screen has definitely been there since late last year... they have just changed the "users tracking" to "users watching".

voldermort

yeah yeah yeah all you clever guys gang up on me now :laugh:

but im still sticking with my story that before a few days ago you were not able to click a thingy and see only items that were bn tracked......it wasnt an option :thinking: or at least it wasnt an option that i had.

wayjen

and I still don't have.

JPBon

Wayne go on your sales page to open items..... Do you not have these headings above your items listed:

Items Open for Sale

Item Id Title

Sellers Product Code Open Time

Close Time Quantity

Price Status

Viewed

Users Watching

Sales Actions spacer.gif

JPBon

tracking..jpg.8a7610a1ff63667edd6df5a588cf6052.jpg

here so you can find it

wayjen

i got it cool thanks JP more fun buttons to push.

voldermort

dont bother pressing it wayne, as bas says its too depressing when you see how little is actually bn tracked :sad2:

JPBon

Ahh but if you do some marketing you can also see the results.

voldermort
Ahh but if you do some marketing you can also see the results.

do you mean where you click the thingy that says how many times an item has bn viewed??

JPBon
do you mean where you click the thingy that says how many times an item has bn viewed??

Yip, I have items like this Open,63 Views, 1 Users Watching